BoutDemCowboys
    BoutDemCowboys's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3124

Fantasy Baseball Advice: Keepers.............

Having a huge Dilemma, need some serious advice! In a keeper league and I need to keep 4 players. 2 have to be Batters and 2 have to be Pitchers. Obviously i'm keeping C.C. and Lincecum as my SP's, but I have no idea what to do for Batting! Cano, Votto, and Kemp...... Clearly Kemp put up the most fantasy points and may be the best player on my team, but im worried that he is on the Dodgers and that he will have trouble producing runs. You know Cano and the yanks wont have a problem producing runs, same with Votto and the Reds. Also with how deep the OF position is, I feel like I can make up for him in a way drafting.... Im having this dilemma cause people are saying keep Kemp. If I could I would keep Kemp, Votto, Cano, and C.C., but it has to be 2 of each! PLease help I need advice! Cant wait for the season!

Batting:
    Elvis Andrus
    Emilio Bonifacio
    Robinson Cano
    Andre Ethier
    Brett Gardner
    Matt Kemp
    Cameron Maybin
    Miguel Montero
    Michael Morse
    Mark Reynolds
    Nick Swisher
    Joey Votto

Pitching
    Madison Bumgarner
    Jhoulys Chacin
    Johnny Cueto
    Tim Lincecum
    Cory Luebke
    Bud Norris
    CC Sabathia
    Sergio Santos
    Huston Street
    Jose Valverde
    Jordan Zimmermann

League: h2h points 12 teams.
    Pitching: K's=+1 BB= -1 ER= -1 W=+10 L= -5 IP=+1 CG= +10 SHO= +10 SV=+5 HBP= -1
    Batting: R=+2 H=+1 2B=+2 3B=+3 HR=+4 RBI=+2 SB=+2 K=-1 HBP=+1 BB=+1

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

I think your reasoning is solid. I would go with Cano, production at 2nd base relative to the OF/1B spots is more valuable, I also think he is poised for a huge year. Then it comes down to Kemp/Votto.........Might come down to the scoring format in your league....close call, tough to have to let one go.

nitty48
    nitty48's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 713

I would keep Kemp and Cano. A 1B would be easier to come by than a 2B with good production

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

after plugging in projections, kemp and cano look to be about 70 points worse than votto. As nitty brought up though, it's all about replacement value. How much is someone like Konerko going to produce over the replacement 2b or OF?? check out production differences for Zobrist / uggla and mccutchen / pence / bruce... I'm guessing there will be a big dropoff at 1b production compared to 2nd / of, but maybe not.