onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Did Ted Lilly punch his manager John Gibbons?

I dont know what went on in Toronto tonight, but Im sure there were some pissed off people. The Blue Jays were up 8-0 and then comes the 3rd inning where Lilly gave up 7 runs to blow that 8 run lead.

It seems Lilly and Gibbons got into it.

Article
    Jays hurler Lilly, manager Gibbons argue, maybe brawl

Associated Press

TORONTO -- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons and pitcher Ted Lilly got into an argument -- and possibly a fight -- after Gibbons removed the pitcher from Monday night's game against the Oakland Athletics.

Gibbons argued with Lilly on the mound and later in the tunnel leading to the clubhouse after the pitcher left the game. A team trainer and a few players raced down the stairs of the tunnel after Gibbons followed Lilly. A television camera later showed Gibbons with a bloody nose.

Toronto took an 8-0 lead before Lilly allowed seven runs in the third.

Gibbons challenged infielder Shea Hillenbrand to a fight in July after Hillenbrand wrote on the clubhouse bulletin board that the "ship was sinking." The Blue Jays designated Hillenbrand for assignment during the game and later traded him to San Francisco.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i thought i heard that right on the ESPN update earlier.

first Hillenbrand and now Lilly.

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

Blue Jays

I was watching the D-ray and Texas and the announers said that Ted Lilly punh the Manager after he took he out don't know if it is true

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Quote Originally Posted by BigD
    I was watching the D-ray and Texas and the announers said that Ted Lilly punh the Manager after he took he out don't know if it is true
    I was watching that Devil Rays game as well when they said it. I told my wife what they were going to say. SBR tries to bring it to you faster then others.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wonder if this might be the start of the jays packing it in for the year.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Lilly was an ass on the mound, possibly caused by Gibbons' remarks. But Gibbons was definitely in the wrong after Lilly left the hill. No way Gibbons should have gone after him at that point with the game still in progress. Gibbons should've let Lilly blow off steam by himself or with one of the bench players, then dealt with him after the game privately.