Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do or Die for Boston!!!

The Red Sox just cant afford to lose today.
    Of course they couldnt afford to lose any of the past 4 games either...
    If Boston loses today they will fall 4 or 5 gms behind Chicago and 1.5 behind Minnesota in the AL Wild Card race. Not to mention kissing good bye to any hopes of winning the AL East falling 6.5 back of the red-hot Yankees.

On a positive note, Red Sox catcher and captain is expected back on September 1. If Boston stays close enought until he returns I feel they might have a shot but if Chicago keeps pitching like they have lately its gonna be tough for Boston to catch up.

Any thoughts on the AL Wild Card??

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

September 1 is probably gonna be too late for veritek to really make a big enough impact IMO.

the red sox still have to play the halo's before the end of the month and that's never an easy task to beat them especially this time of the year.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why the Red Sox will fall short?
    I read this article... I think most of the things are pretty obvious but its a nice read.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5886658

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Man, it must suck to be a Sox fan today. Unreal dropping all five games like that. Bet the drive-time call-in shows are going to be funny this afternoon in Beantown.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

To make matters worse New York isn't even at full strength. Boston had a four game lead July 4th and now find themselves out of the race. They are done.