Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any updates on Glavine???

Hey guys,

Does Jesterson or anyone for that matter know the latest on Tom Glavine?
    I read this on espn but its pretty much what we all know.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/s...00000000000000

Despite being called a Met hater I am not, and I dont want the Mets to lose the only guy that I can honestly root for...
    Even if he hasnt been great lately I think the Mets cant afford to lose this guy.
    Im rooting for Tommy to be fine!!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

just heard the latest updated on espn news at noon today. his status is still unknown. he's scheduled for an MRI today for a potential blood clot.

i did hear they just made a traded with the tribe for mota.

jesterson
    jesterson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    Hey guys,

Does Jesterson or anyone for that matter know the latest on Tom Glavine?
    I read this on espn but its pretty much what we all know.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/s...00000000000000

Despite being called a Met hater I am not, and I dont want the Mets to lose the only guy that I can honestly root for...
    Even if he hasnt been great lately I think the Mets cant afford to lose this guy.
    Im rooting for Tommy to be fine!!
    You're a Braves fan, I'd be concerned if you weren't a Met Hater, I sure despise the braves! Blue and Orange Haterade is something you drink when you aren't giving any credit to the Mets against the Cards OR Dodgers....how 'bout El Duque yesterday!

I've got nothing yet, just that he's going to get tests done sometime this week, specifically on an artery, and we'll know more then. As soon as I hear anything on WFAN or elsewhere, I'll let you know! BTW, if you're around at 5 PM on Wednesday, go to www.wfan.com and listen to the live broadcast stream, Willie is on every Wed. at 5:05. And if you're bored tonight (630is-10ish I think), make sure you listen to Steve Somers on the webcast if you've never heard him before...one of the absolute best sportstalk hosts I've ever heard...he'll get you liking the Mets chances this postseason in no time

So while I sure hope Glavine's OK and can go this postseason, I'm thinking I might be crazy for thinking that they're not going to lose much without him. Besides his past 2 starts, he's been stinking it up, and it would all but guarantee a start for El Duque in game 3. Granted, it would mean Trachsel in gm 4, but I guess there's a lot of teams worse off than that. Now, Glavine's not being there may provide a huge emotional boost to the team in a "Win it for Tommy" kinda way. Still though, I'd rather have him there.

Lastly, Oliver Perez followed up a 2 hitter with a 1 hitter in the minors....very encouraging and fingers are crossed.

Bulldog

I did see El Duque, pretty impressive.
    Well I stand by my words that the Dodgers have the pitching edge over the Mets but we just have to wait and see.
    Ill sure be rooting for Tommy. But I disagree on the "lets win it for tommy" thing, him and pedro are one of the few guys in the roster who actually have a ring...
    Keep us posted dude...

jesterson

Glavine could be back on the mound next week...they found a few small blood clots that are going to be treated with aspirin, a blood thinner, and he will not need any immediate surgery. Phew.

bigboydan

thats very good news for you braves fans that his injury is not that serious.

the loss of Glavine for that playoff run could have been a crushing blow.

Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    thats very good news for you braves fans that his injury is not that serious.

the loss of Glavine for that playoff run could have been a crushing blow.
    Well bbd actually Glavine plays for the Mets now and believe it or not they're the ones in the playoff run. (Jesterson bait.... he'll bite soon enough)
    Crazy world!!
    But I'm still rooting for him too, classy guy!!!

bigboydan

i know i was just looking at the braves remaining schedule, but i could have swore i wrote typed the mets.

Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    i know i was just looking at the braves remaining schedule, but i could have swore i wrote typed the mets.

I know you know buddy.
    I just used your typo to mess with the Mets fans!!!
    You start doing that when your team si so far away from first place...

jesterson

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    Well bbd actually Glavine plays for the Mets now and believe it or not they're the ones in the playoff run. (Jesterson bait.... he'll bite soon enough)
    Crazy world!!
    But I'm still rooting for him too, classy guy!!!
    Does stating that I'm not going to bite count as biting? BTW, you can add an s to the end of "playoff" and drop the "run".

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very good news for the Mets. They will definately need his arm for the playoffs.