SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Astros at Reds - Aug 21st

Reds The Call Vs. Astros

By: Rocky Atkinson
    http://www.phoenixsports.com

With Arroyo on the mound for them at home, and going against a left-hander, the Reds should have a big edge in this one.

The Reds' offense has averaged scoring six runs per game against left-handed starters this year.

Andy Pettite hasn't pitched all that well this year with an 11-13 record overall and only 4-7 with a 5.45 ERA on the road this season. Bronson Arroyo has a nice 3.45 ERA overall this year, and he is 4-2 with a 3.05 ERA at home.

Cincinnati has won seven of nine against Houston this year. Arroyo is 2-1 against Houston since 1997.

We'll recommend a small play on the Cincinnati Reds tonight!

Play: Reds -125

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pettitte has been going real deep in his recent starts with great control and a ton of strikeouts. I still do not trust Arroyo, so Houston is the play tonight.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Yeah, I wasn't sure about how much research this guy did on the game the way he just tossed out Pettitte's season stats with no mention of what he's done lately. Still, I'd be hesitant to lay anything on Houston right now. They pretty much owned the Reds for a few seasons before this year, and Cincy has turned it around on them.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I scratched the Astros off my list of teams to back when they fell 1-0 to an emergency call-up, minor league pitcher. They just find ways to lose... Although, betting the under when they have a decent pitcher is on the mound because they can't score any runs...

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

If you backed the 'Stros last night, you saw them blow a 3-0 lead in the eighth and lose 4-3... I think they are in the bottom five of teams in the league right now. Utter disarray...

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack
    If you backed the 'Stros last night, you saw them blow a 3-0 lead in the eighth and lose 4-3... I think they are in the bottom five of teams in the league right now. Utter disarray...
    Unreal!!! That is by far one of my worst beats all season.