Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5338

Josh Hamilton Relapse

DALLAS - Fans of the Texas Rangers are well aware of the battles outfielder Josh Hamilton has fought with alcohol and other drugs. And according to a recent report he suffered a relapse.
    A local newspaper cited sources familiar with the episode who claimed Hamilton drank alcohol at an area bar on Monday night.
    A Rangers spokesman said the club is aware of the situation but has no further comment at this time.
    Hamilton lost three years of his career to addiction. The husband and father of three got sober in 2005 and has since spoken openly and often about his battles to stay sober.
    In 2009 he had an episode at a bar in Tempe, Ariz. He admitted he drank heavily and apologized to his family and the Rangers.
    Hamilton is entering the final year of his contract with the team. A relapse could be an argument against signing the 31-year-old to a long-term deal.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/sports/m...relapse-020212
    I say big fuking deal.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

G*d Bless him. I hope he starts to do more toot and slam some craga. Let the man live his life. Who are we to tell him how to live and nobody else should care how he lives his life. Baruch HaShem.

thirtytwo
    thirtytwo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

i would be drinking all offseason too if i was the part of that WS meltdown...

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

opie can relate im sure. Does this worry you opie?

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9605

if you look at him during interviews, he looks like a druggy , whatever that means

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

/\ he was

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Full story here, said he was out with Kinsler and promised he would not go back but did exactly that.
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/...elapse-alcohol

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Almost everyone who fights alcohol addiction has relapses; it's what you do after them to get back on track, that matters.

Hope the dude has a strong foundation of family and friends to support him.

TEXAS MICKEY
    TEXAS MICKEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4375

Bcats......just had his press conference here.
    He fukked up, and admitted it. He wasn't out with Kinsler, somebody called Kinsler to come get him, and Kinsler went to bar to get him. Josh told Kinsler he was okay and would go home, somehow his car wound up about half a mile away, Kinsler tried to take him, but Josh said he was fine and would go home. Apparently they left at the same time, but Josh went back to bar and got him some poon in the mens bathroom from some wank. Now he's got some troubled shit to deal with at home. His wife is a big Holy Roller and her family too. Rangers front office laying low right now, but Daniels and Ryan are not happy, could hear in their answers to local media here.
    The boy has got to figure out what he wants to do. Drink or play ball.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    opie can relate im sure. Does this worry you opie?
    Not really. I'd be more concerned if it was July instead of February. He's a man. Men make mistakes. We're all weak sometimes. Especially when chics are involved. I wish him well for both his personal happiness, as well as his success on the field.

I think it'll be business as usual by April.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Josh is God period

He is fine

Good press Conference

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS MICKEY View Post
    Bcats......just had his press conference here.
    He fukked up, and admitted it. He wasn't out with Kinsler, somebody called Kinsler to come get him, and Kinsler went to bar to get him. Josh told Kinsler he was okay and would go home, somehow his car wound up about half a mile away, Kinsler tried to take him, but Josh said he was fine and would go home. Apparently they left at the same time, but Josh went back to bar and got him some poon in the mens bathroom from some wank. Now he's got some troubled shit to deal with at home. His wife is a big Holy Roller and her family too. Rangers front office laying low right now, but Daniels and Ryan are not happy, could hear in their answers to local media here.
    The boy has got to figure out what he wants to do. Drink or play ball.
    Gotcha

And opie im sure your right come April.

bswagos
    bswagos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2547

I'm surprised it took this long considering he killed a guy this year.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

anyone worrying about someone else's personal business is an ass, worry about yourself

lifemagnetic
    lifemagnetic's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is on reason I would hate to be in that kind of spotlight. Who is anyone to judge him? I have followed his career and struggles since he was drafted and I think that there is too much emphasis put on this sort of thing. Not just with him but with anyone in a situation like this. It's no one's business really. I feel for the guy to be honest, as a human being, as this has NOTHING to do with baseball.

lifemagnetic
    lifemagnetic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bswagos View Post

ya talk about bad luck right? that was a really unfortunate situation, just what he needed I am sure.

RoadFavorites$$$
    RoadFavorites$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

3 kids and still can't quit? Dude is scum... we better not hear one good feel good story on ESPN about this pathetic **** anymore... if he succeeds, fine, if he keeps drinking? Good, someone who deserves playing time in the majors can have his.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

How do u guys know he got poon?

antkong91
    antkong91's Avatar Become A Pro!

Josh Hamilton may be the best of all-time

Hey everyone, what player has been better than Josh Hamilton this season? He has been hitting almost every ball that has been thrown at him. There isn't a ball that he can't hit. Whether it is Sabathia, Roger Clemens, Mika Piazza, or Andy Dick pitching a fast ball, knuckleball, curveball, dodgeball, twoballs, it really doesn't affect his ability to read the pitch quickly and make a smart decision with the bat. It doesn't matter that he didn't get far in the playoffs, he has been the best player in the league since Chuck NowBlock and Frank Sinatra swung the bat.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

opie1988

Classless comment.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Opie you might not like the way it was said but lets face it that whole situation had to crush him. All the ceremonies and honorary moments they held in the guys honor couldn't get him back. If Hamilton isn't fukked up over it then he isn't right.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Not really. I'd be more concerned if it was July instead of February. He's a man. Men make mistakes. We're all weak sometimes. Especially when chics are involved. I wish him well for both his personal happiness, as well as his success on the field. I think it'll be business as usual by April.
    Agree with ya, he'll go to new york, spend 30 days in a rehab center, come out and head to arizona for spring training and then his time will be occupied for the next 7 months and maybe longer if texas can go back to the postseason. Guy sounds like he is bored and like they said in basketball diaries, "idle time is the devils plaything". I hope he at least blasted some ass while he was out so he got his moneys worth from this minor slip up.

Opie the play is new england ML, wait till closer to kick and you might get -125 or better.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Opie you might not like the way it was said but lets face it that whole situation had to crush him. All the ceremonies and honorary moments they held in the guys honor couldn't get him back. If Hamilton isn't fukked up over it then he isn't right.
    I have no doubt it devastated him. That was a young guy who lost his life with his little son sitting next to him. Who wouldn't that bother? My issue was in saying that Josh "killed a guy". He wasn't responsible for that accident, which is exactly what it was....a terrible, tragic accident.

I know this was probably said in jest, but that seems a little over the line. And yes, I know its just "words on a screen".

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    Agree with ya, he'll go to new york, spend 30 days in a rehab center, come out and head to arizona for spring training and then his time will be occupied for the next 7 months and maybe longer if texas can go back to the postseason. Guy sounds like he is bored and like they said in basketball diaries, "idle time is the devils plaything". I hope he at least blasted some ass while he was out so he got his moneys worth from this minor slip up.

Opie the play is new england ML, wait till closer to kick and you might get -125 or better.
    Got it, pal. Good luck.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Classless comment.

NrmlCurvSurfr

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post

says the guy who forwarded/re posted the biased and/or classless and/or trolling article...

EDIT: just saw that you said big fukin deal...but still, this thread was bound to attract classless comments...borderline trolling
    Last edited by NrmlCurvSurfr; 02-03-12 at 09:03 PM.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

bswagos

I have no doubt it devastated him. That was a young guy who lost his life with his little son sitting next to him. Who wouldn't that bother? My issue was in saying that Josh "killed a guy". He wasn't responsible for that accident, which is exactly what it was....a terrible, tragic accident.

I know this was probably said in jest, but that seems a little over the line. And yes, I know its just "words on a screen".

Got it, pal. Good luck.
    Not said in jest, it is the truth. His action directly lead to that man falling and losing his life. I didn't say he murdered him because it truly was an unintended consequence, but when he is alone Josh knows he is responsible for that mans death. That has to weigh heavily on someone. To try and sugarcoat that sort of thing only makes it worse.

NrmlCurvSurfr

Not said in jest, it is the truth. His action directly lead to that man falling and losing his life. I didn't say he murdered him because it truly was an unintended consequence, but when he is alone Josh knows he is responsible for that mans death. That has to weigh heavily on someone. To try and sugarcoat that sort of thing only makes it worse.
    the guy shouldnt have been leaning over the rail to catch the ball...he killed himself...josh just threw the ball short...that alone does not cause death...nice try

bswagos

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    the guy shouldnt have been leaning over the rail to catch the ball...he killed himself...josh just threw the ball short...that alone does not cause death...nice try
    If Josh doesn't throw that ball does that man fall?

NrmlCurvSurfr

If Josh doesn't throw that ball does that man fall?
    if the man doesn't show up for the game does he die?

bswagos

if the man doesn't show up for the game does he die?
    Him showing up to the game was not the action that got him killed. The ball being thrown to him did. I'm not saying Josh did anything wrong, but when you are in that situation you will feel responsible and you have to come to terms with that sort of thing. I can't read his mind but I have to imagine he thinks about it and says to himself "If only I had thrown the ball a little harder" not "If only that guy didn't show up to the game."

NrmlCurvSurfr

Him showing up to the game was not the action that got him killed. The ball being thrown to him did. I'm not saying Josh did anything wrong, but when you are in that situation you will feel responsible and you have to come to terms with that sort of thing. I can't read his mind but I have to imagine he thinks about it and says to himself "If only I had thrown the ball a little harder" not "If only that guy didn't show up to the game."
    I agree that josh may feel responsible...but his actions did not cause the mans death...it was just the end of a chain of events that ended with the man dying...why not blame the architects for not making the stands 12 inches less deep? Or the rails 6 inches taller?...

bswagos

I agree that josh may feel responsible...but his actions did not cause the mans death...it was just the end of a chain of events that ended with the man dying...why not blame the architects for not making the stands 12 inches less deep? Or the rails 6 inches taller?...
    You can follow that logic all they way back to many things. Why not blame is parents for having sex and getting pregnant with him? Why not blame God for creating man? The bottom line is if Josh doesn't throw that ball or throws it better, nothing happens. I am telling you if Josh is blaming the guy for showing up to the park that day or blaming the designers of the railing he will never get over what happened. Unfortunately he is prone to substance abuse and when people experience these sorts of events they revert back to that behavior.

NrmlCurvSurfr

You can follow that logic all they way back to many things. Why not blame is parents for having sex and getting pregnant with him? Why not blame God for creating man? The bottom line is if Josh doesn't throw that ball or throws it better, nothing happens. I am telling you if Josh is blaming the guy for showing up to the park that day or blaming the designers of the railing he will never get over what happened. Unfortunately he is prone to substance abuse and when people experience these sorts of events they revert back to that behavior.
    I think we are on the same page here...I know josh feels responsible, im sure he is not blaming anyone else. I just didnt think your initial post where you said his actions directly led to a mans death was completely accurate. I hope that josh will be alright, but its up to him and im sure its a battle.

12 Last