SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Braves at Marlins - Aug 18th

Go Under On ATL-FLA

Tonight the National Sports Advisors look for the Braves and Marlins to score under 9 runs.

By: Sonny Lafouchi
    http://www.nsawins.com

Scott Olsen (9-6, 4.19 ERA) will toe the rubber tonight for Florida. The rookie southpaw dropped consecutive starts for the first time this season in the Marlins' 6-3 defeat against Houston on Saturday. He gave up six runs and a career-high nine hits over five innings.

Olsen has not won since a 6-1 victory at Atlanta on July 27, when he tossed six scoreless innings. Olsen has made three career appearances, including two starts, against Atlanta, going 1-1 with a 7.50 ERA. He surrendered eight runs and two homers in 4 2-3 innings of a 9-1 loss in Atlanta on May 18.

Atlanta will send Tim Hudson (9-10, 4.94) to the hill tonight. Hudson gave up three runs on nine hits in 6-2/3 innings of Atlanta's 7-4 win over Milwaukee on Sunday, but did not factor into the decision. He has pitched at least six innings over his last three outings, recording a 2.75 ERA over that span.

Hudson is 3-0 with a 2.37 ERA in five career starts against the Marlins. Hudson is trying to win 10 games for the 8th time in his 8-year big league career.

The bottom line is we look for this matchup to play under the total. Both pitchers have quality stuff and we look for them both to pitch well tonight.

Play: UNDER 9

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

boy, this is one of those games where you don't really know what braves team will show up.

the Braves seem like they are a step away from just packing it in this year, but yet they just haven't.

I'd personaly pass on this one myself.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

C'mon bbd, gotta trust the Chop 2 nit!!!!
    Hudson is back baby!!!

(That was me getting carried away by the Braves 1 game winning streak)