SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arizona -Hernandez- at Colorado -Cook-

By: Sonny Lafouchi
    http://www.NSAwins.com
    8/16/2006 10:28:59 AM

Today the National Sports Advisors look for Arizona and Colorado to score over 9 runs tonight.

Livan Hernandez (9-9, 5.30 ERA) takes the hill tonight for Arizona. Hernandez gave up four runs on 10 hits in a season-high eight innings of a 4-1 loss to Florida on Friday in his Diamondbacks debut after being acquired from Washington.

In 18 career games against Colorado, Hernandez is 5-8 with a 5.05 ERA. While with Washington, he allowed six runs, eight hits and season-high five walks in 6 2-3 innings in his only start against the Rockies this season, an 8-1 loss on June 16.

Aaron Cook (8-10, 3.87) will attempt to win his third straight start at Coors Field for the Rockies.

After surrendering four or more runs in five of his previous seven starts, Cook was touched up for just two runs and 10 hits in eight innings of a 10-2 win over Chicago on Friday.

Cook went 4-1 with a 3.76 ERA in six home starts last season, but is 4-5 with a 3.67 ERA in 13 starts at Coors Field this year.

Cook 1-2 with a 6.00 ERA in four starts against Arizona this season and is 3-2 with a 4.42 ERA in 10 career games against the Diamondbacks in his career.

The bottom line is we look for both teams to put up a lot of runs tonight, as both starters have struggled against their opponent this season and over their careers.

Pick: OVER 9

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know what to think about Hernandez in this spot, because he's truly a jekyll and Hyde type pitcher.

I'd probably go with the under in this spot after last nights marathon game though.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually like Livan to rebound from his last start...
    Small play on Arizona is the way I'd go...