SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Indians at Twins - Aug 16th

Twins Too Tough At Home

With a definite home field advantage and facing a Cleveland crew going nowhere fast, Minnesota is the play tonight.

By: Marc Lawrence
    http://www.playbook.com

The Twins will try and continue their second half surge having won the money on 30 out of 40 tries as home favorites this season.

Taking the hill for Minnesota will be right-hander Carlos Silva (8-10, 6.41). He's coming off a loss at home to Toronto in his last start, but had pitched well in three previous starts before that, all of them wins. A control freak, Silva has issued just nine free passes in his last 10 outings.

Cleveland will counter with Cliff Lee who owns a road ERA of nearly five this season. The right-hander from Arkansas is coming off a win against the Angels in his last start, but the Indians lost his four starts before that.

The Tribe is going nowhere fast, so we'll stay at home with the Twins here tonight.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

thats the only way i'd bet this game as well, but i couldn't lay that type of wood.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Before running into Santana Cleveland was red hot. I expect them to bounce back tonight against Silva.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Silva has been pitching pertty strong as of late for the twins ILL. Thats one of the reason i just don't think i can take the tribe in this spot.