SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tigers at Red Sox - Aug 16th

Tigers Have Brooms Handy

Recovered from a weekend sweep by the White Sox, Detroit goes for a sweep of their own in Boston this evening over the Red Sox.

By: Pacific Star
    http://www.who2beton.com

The Detroit Tigers seem to have recovered from their 3-game sweep loss to the Chicago White Sox, taking 2-straight from Boston in Fenway. We believe they have an excellent chance at the sweep tonight.

Tigers' starting pitcher Justin Verlander has been absolutely supurb this season, going 14-5 with an excelllent ERA of just 2.95. He has been just as good (if not better) on the road and has the luxury of the Sox' batters facing him for the first time, which is almost always to the pitcher's advantage.

Boston starter David Wells pitched well in his last outing vs the Baltimore Orioles, but the O's can't hit lefties and in his previous two starts since coming off the DL he was less than memorable. The glaring stat in this matchup is the Tigers' amazing 28-11 record against left-handed starting pitchers.

We will gladly take the team with the best road record in baseball (at a near pick 'em price) with all things considered.

Play: Tigers -107

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i would go with the red sox in this game myself.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Glad I'm on the Red Sox. Laying odds at Fenway Park with a pitcher whose arm is about to fall off is a good idea.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

This game just screams over, along with the over I am with you guys and will take the Sox tonight.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

it was reported that Justin Verlander was tipping his pitches in his last start. You have to wonder if it could happen in this start as well.