SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Giants at Padres - Aug 15th

Friars Bigger Than Giants

The Giants' misery should continue tonight against Chris Young and the Padres.

By: L.T. Profit Sports Group
    http://www.who2beton.com

While Matt Morris has been a disappointment for San Francisco, Chris Young has been a pleasant surprise for the Padres.

Young is now 9-5 with a very good 3.84 ERA and 1.22 WHIP on the season. He has been very consistent, with seven quality starts in his last 10 outings, and he is catching a struggling Giants lineup here that has managed a total of just 12 runs in the last six games. San Diego also holds a huge edge in the bullpen here, as it ranks fifth in the Major Leagues in pen ERA while the Giants are ranked 22nd.

Morris was a huge signing in the offseason for San Francisco and was supposed to fortify the staff. Instead he is struggling along at 8-10 for the year with a rather high 4.75 ERA. Morris has been even worse on the road, where he is 4-5 with a 5.03 ERA and a high 1.45 WHIP. Most distressing is the fact that Morris has not been able to work as deep into games as he has in past years, which may bring the vulnerable Giant bullpen into play rather early.

Play: Padres -130

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i couldn't bet SF in this game at all even after last nights 1-0 win.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Actually its weird because I cant see SF having a worse offensive night than they did last night.
    Only run was unearned and Winn, Visquel, Bonds and Durham did nothing...
    I think Im gonna pass but SF would be my pick