SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Red Sox Should Tame Tigers

Boston looks to continue its dominance over Detroit at Fenway Park with Josh Beckett on the hill against the Tigers' Nate Robertson. A possible playoff preview, this series is crucial for both teams as MLB heads down the stretch drive.

By: Ross Benjamin
    http://www.rbenjaminsports.com

If there's one team that has had the Tigers' number recently, it's the Red Sox, especially at home in Boston where the Red Sox are 13-2 in their last 15 home games versus Detroit.

Detroit starter Nate Robertson is 0-4 in his starts against Boston since the 2004 with a lofty 7.40 ERA and 1.77 WHIP. Detroit enters this series in a tailspin having dropped five in a row.

Boston starter Josh Beckett has been steady at home in 2006 going 8-3 with a 3.84 ERA. The Red Sox are 66-27 in their last 93 at home. As good as the Tigers have been this year, they are just 4-8 in the last 12 as a road underdog.

Play: Boston -155

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

From a value standpoint you almost have to take Detroit here. I know they just got swept, but they are still the best road team in the majors and both pitchers matchup evenly here.

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Ross ... You're in dream world with this one ... The Sox just lost 5 of 6 to Tampa Bay and K C ... Baltimore also presented problems although Boston prevailed in a sweep ... The Red Sox offer absolutely no value at -155 against an excellent Detroit team.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i too would have to bet the value in this game, and go with the tigers.

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I think we smoked this one out, and Ross, if you want people to pay for your picks you had better come up with something better than very weak -155 chalks.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Welp. The Tigers just won the series tonight. With one game to go. Boston looks to be in serious trouble.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Welp. The Tigers just won the series tonight. With one game to go. Boston looks to be in serious trouble.
    Whats wrong with them man?
    Beckett cant win, Schilling cant win...
    I havent seen the games, have they really played that bad?
    They better pull it together before the Yanks come to town or else it could get ugly-er...