bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

are the red sox offically done ?

the red sox ship appears to be sinking really fast. the royals just swept them, and even with them playing baltimore in there next series you have to question just how important was veritek to this red sox club.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Well they do have quite a few games at home. I wouldnt count them out just yet. They have a lineup that can keep them in the game, just some bad pitching that can kill them.

With the White Sox having pitching problems, and Francisco Liriano maybe not pitching again this year with the Twins. The Wild Card is still anyones for the taking.

Oh yeah, dont count out the Blue Jays just yet. They are still in reach.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

They have a nice long home stand coming up. If they don't go 7-3 or better then they are done. They head out west after that long homestand and the rest of their schedule is no cake walk. This homestand is basicly gonna be their entire season.

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13658

Ugly days.....The 12 game winning streak seems like a very, very long time ago.....U-G-L-Y

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

Francona's idiot managing isn't helping. How he could leave Schilling out there to burn in the 8th inning was beyond stupid. He had nothing left.

I know Timlin has struggled in the past week, but overall he's been solid and he pitched well the night before prior to Papplebon blowing the save.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I still think the Red Sox have a good chance of winning the Wild Card. Just need to start playing good ball. They have a good enough lineup...

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Guys, it's way too early to start counting out a team like the Red Sox. I know some of their fans have thrown the towel in after this week. But, and I don't mean this to offend any of their fans, many of whom are my friends and I've told them this, Red Sox fans are the biggest knee-jerk reactionaries in baseball.

If a team like the Astros can be 61-62, as they were on Aug 22, 2004, and still win 92 games before coming within a single game of making the World Series, then a team like the Red Sox can still easily make the playoffs, maybe even as the AL East winners.

Don't tear up your slips until all ponies cross the finish line and the stewards call the race official.