Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alright dan

Which teams still in the playoff hunt do you think are done? You have a great track record of calling these things before they happen. Also, which team is gonna have a '05 Cleveland type run to close the season?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

well, i have picked some nice ones in years past as you already mentioned above. so, lets see if we can do it again shall we.

AL DIVSION WINNERS

NY Yankees
    Detroit
    Athletics

it was very tough to not pick the halo's in the AL west, but i will go with the A's second half history to win the division.

IN THE NL WILD CARD RACE

houston will be the team this years cleveland. i feel there gonna make a monster run this month, and take the wild card lead and win it.

if the braves can stay with in 3 or 4 games before chippers return from the DL, that could casuse some problems due to there experiences in this type of situation, but i doubt it.

philly is too jeckle and hyde to me to really take seriously. the phillies just have too many question marks with there pitching staff. you just never know what to expect out of them. oh sure they might pull with in a game or two, but they will choke like they always have in recent years.

NL DIVISION WINNERS

Cardinals
    Mets
    San Diego

IN THE AL WILD CARD RACE

the red sox are really in trouble right now after losing veritek for a month. marebelli hasn't not caught more than like 6 straight games, and that rookie they just called up yesterday won't fill the veritek's shoes either.

the only shot they have is to make a trade for a catcher before the trade deadline, but i doubt the player they play for will clear waivers because of the teams still fighting for that AL wild card IMO.

the twins have two lefty aces, and have to be considered a real threat for that last wild card spot. the only concern i have from the twins is i wonder if they already shot there wad already, and the lack of a big bat to put them over the top.

the white sox pitching problems right now is just awful. although, i feel they will recover from there pitching problems and get back on track about the 3rd week into august, and should most likely win the wild card.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice, picks BBD
    Can we all share ours here??

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bulldog's avatar is the correct answer.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    Nice, picks BBD
    Can we all share ours here??
    don't matter to me at all.... go for it if you want too

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, this would be my best guess.
    Of course Im biast when picking the NLWC

AL EAST Yankees
    AL CENTRAL Tigers
    AL WEST Angels
    AL WILD CARD Red Sox

NL EAST Mets
    NL CENTRAL Cardinals
    NL WEST Dodgers
    NL WILD CARD Braves

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

National League
    West = Padres
    Central = Cardinals
    East = Mets
    Wild Card = Marlins

American League
    West = Mariners
    Central = Tigers
    East = Blue Jays
    Wild Card = Twins

bigboydan

have you been passing the pipe with IMG lately, because it sure looks like you have with those picks of yours looker

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    have you been passing the pipe with IMG lately, because it sure looks like you have with those picks of yours looker
    I dont smoke (anything, well perhaps a cigar every so often), and I dont live by IMG. So that cant be it. Maybe just reaching on some of my picks, but I could be the robot poster and pick all the favorites.