SBRookie
    SBRookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betting on games w/o SP requirements

Are there any sites which offer lines for games which aren't based on the starting pitchers? Wondering if there's an opportunity to get in if you hear about someone being a late scratch from a start.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think pretty much every site offers that. Either uncheck a listed pitcher, or just click action, depending on the site.

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I looked up Pinny's rules:

In the event there is a pitching change prior to the game, the money-line will be re-adjusted and "action" wagers will be graded using the opening price for the new pitcher.
    I always thought my "action" wagers would be graded at the price of the time of wager but evidently not.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

No Wassymac. Thats why you take "action" if you think the team will win no matter the pitchers. Sometimes the change works against or for you. Depends on the caliber of the replacement.

99% of the time I play "action" and not "pitchers". So I get the adjusted price if Im not around to see or hear about the pitching change.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    No Wassymac. Thats why you take "action" if you think the team will win no matter the pitchers. Sometimes the change works against or for you. Depends on the caliber of the replacement.

99% of the time I play "action" and not "pitchers". So I get the adjusted price if Im not around to see or hear about the pitching change.
    That's quite surprising to me, Looker. I would think "action" bets are the domain of the recreational gambler and we all know you don't fall into that category.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap
    That's quite surprising to me, Looker. I would think "action" bets are the domain of the recreational gambler and we all know you don't fall into that category.
    I hardly ever take pitchers. If thats recreational, so be it.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Being recreational is the "in" thing. You should change your avatar to a mugshot of Calvin Ayre.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

If thats recreational, so be it.
    ya looker.... your just one totaly square type player

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Call it what you want, but at the end of the day, I like the balance of my bankroll. Thats all that matters to me.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Call it what you want, but at the end of the day, I like the balance of my bankroll. Thats all that matters to me.