antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

you are confused on how this started. the stuff you mentioned in that first post is irrelevant to a pitchers ability. then you are mixing in the fip stuff i mentioned and for whatever reason attributing that to buehrle. then you are making the assumption i think buehrle is a bad pitcher.

buehrle has the stuff of an average pitcher not worth 14.5 million a year. nothing you have suggested otherwise other than longevity which i assume mixed with him being on a competitive team for the last decade gave him the wins you say he has. however, the ability to stay health is an ability that should not go unnoticed.

not to mention he is in his 30s so at best he will maintain the same production, but most likely he will start to decline.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMAN View Post
    the talk in this thread is complete bulshit by people who know nothing about baseball
    Calm down son. We can't all know everything about baseball like yourself.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

just seems too much for an average pitcher, but I think its important to consider its considered a pitchers park isnt? maybe not like Dodger stadium or Oakland but still can help his era, we ll see how he pitches in the NL,

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2081

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Buerle had a horrible year this season in Chicago. Why on Earth would Miami sign him? They have been in the market for players like Pujols and Reyes for god's sake. Buerle starting is going to be a good fade in 2012. He's fading away and this move will hurt Miami in the longrun.
    Horrible year or horrible April? After April he went 12-6 with a 3.24 era and allowed 3 runs or less in 21 of 25 starts. Throw April into the mix if you want. It was still a good year.

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2081

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    you are confused on how this started. the stuff you mentioned in that first post is irrelevant to a pitchers ability. then you are mixing in the fip stuff i mentioned and for whatever reason attributing that to buehrle. then you are making the assumption i think buehrle is a bad pitcher.

buehrle has the stuff of an average pitcher not worth 14.5 million a year. nothing you have suggested otherwise other than longevity which i assume mixed with him being on a competitive team for the last decade gave him the wins you say he has. however, the ability to stay health is an ability that should not go unnoticed.

not to mention he is in his 30s so at best he will maintain the same production, but most likely he will start to decline.
    I know how this started. You basically said end results don't matter if a pitcher can't succeed at stats that you find relevant. To each his own I guess.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Horrible year or horrible April? After April he went 12-6 with a 3.24 era and allowed 3 runs or less in 21 of 25 starts. Throw April into the mix if you want. It was still a good year.

He is a very good pitcher. The guy is always healthy I'm pretty sure. Which is saying a lot. A true innnings eater and has thrown multiple no hitters. He will be throwing to a very good catcher in Buck and he should get a lot of run support. I think he will win atleast 15 games next season.

First 12