zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Hanley prefers trade over position move to 3b.

Hanley Prefers Trade Over Position Change
    By Nick Collias [December 6 at 4:26pm CST]
    Hanley Ramirez isn't on board with the idea of moving to third base and would rather be traded than switch positions, a "credible source" told Enrique Rojas at ESPNDeportesLosAngeles.com (link in Spanish).

"Hanley doesn't want to play third base, and the Marlins were informed of his thoughts," the source told Rojas. "While he hasn't asked for a trade, he has let it be known that he doesn't want to play another position other than shortstop." Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post has also verified with a Marlins official that Ramirez did not ask to be traded (Twitter link).

Ramirez's agent Andy Mota told Rojas he had no comment about the situation, but the player himself posted a resigned-sounding Tweet this morning, saying, "What I am gonna do is work hard and get ready for next season because that is the only thing I can control I love y'all!!!!" (Although when one of his followers subsequently suggested that he had been disrespected and should "go to the Mets," Ramirez responded, "I like it!!!).

Rojas also spoke with Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen yesterday in Dallas, and the skipper said he had spoken with Ramirez before Reyes was signed and plans to revisit the discussion soon. "He has to understand that it's the best thing for the club, and he'll be a better player with those two guys [Reyes and Emilio Bonifacio] in front of him in the lineup," Guillen said. "The last thing we want to do is smack the kid and tell him, 'You've got to move.' That's not the way... I think [Ramirez] will have the opportunity to be an All-Star third baseman. We have the opportunity to have two all stars in those positions."

Both owner Jeffrey Loria and president of baseball operations Larry Beinfest suggested recently that Ramirez would ultimately defer to Reyes, and that a trade wasn't on the table. A week ago, before Reyes had signed, Ramirez expressed deference toward the possibility in an appearance on Dominican TV, saying "the front office has the last word." Ramirez played just three games worth of third base while in the Red Sox system, most recently in 2005. His -4.8 UZR in 2011 was firmly in the bottom half of NL shortstops, directly behind Reyes and in front of Bonifacio, who took over the six-hole when Ramirez underwent shoulder surgery in August.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

i just saw it on tv he wants a trade.......but obviously i would love hanley on the mets but he aint a free agent mets got alot of good pitchers in the minors but the mets arent gonna trade a pitching prospect and pretty much have the same team as last year minus a prospect.........................and of course the marlins have no interest in anyone except maybe wright

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Hanley Ramirez is a lil bitch!!!!

seriously? guy gets paid millions of dollars and his owner is trying to put some talent around him so that they can compete for the world series and the guy wants to complain about what position he plays???? r u fukking kidding me???

you know how many people would give their left nut to be in his position? How about being thankful that you are a professional ball player making millions of dollars, living and playing in south beach in a brand new stadium, could have a super yacht and house in biscayne bay

people like hanley make me sick, trade him to the astros
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: beerman2619

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

I'm a big Marlins fan. When Hanley is playing well he is an absolute OPS machine but at this point I'm like, %#^ it, trade him for some pitching.

B*tch, Moan, Complain.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    i just saw it on tv he wants a trade.......but obviously i would love hanley on the mets but he aint a free agent mets got alot of good pitchers in the minors but the mets arent gonna trade a pitching prospect and pretty much have the same team as last year minus a prospect.........................and of course the marlins have no interest in anyone except maybe wright
    They should trade Wright for Hanley and squeeze them doing it. That's a perfect out for Miami and they'd overpay for him.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

i doubt he will be traded in division, i know you are just throwing shit out there. but its pretty safe they won't give up a star player to help out their rival.

KingJD31

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    They should trade Wright for Hanley and squeeze them doing it. That's a perfect out for Miami and they'd overpay for him.
    id trade hanley for wright but gotta question hanleys work ethic and his head

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Yeah cause after all the franchise has been through nd scrutiny they've been under that's just what they need is a huge cancer in the clubhouse.

Mets made some small minor moves already they signed Jon Rauch frank Francisco and traded pagan for Ramon ramirez and Andres torres

So they basically filled major holes in their bullpen and filled their lead off spot with Torres who is a hellluva player when healthy n was an unsung hero in getting the giants to the playoffs in their world series run

KingJD31

no reason to trade wright yet hes still under contract next 2 years lets see if he can get back to his old form with the fences coming in and god forbid jason bay can hit atleast 20 homeruns

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

There not gonna trade him but they should, selfish lazy typical kid. No place for a guy like that on a team with championship aspirations.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I hope he fails completely wherever the mother fukker ends up. Honestly, guy is such a cry baby. Play as a team and do what is best for the team. Fukk sakes.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

fuking cry baby i would not want him anywhere around my clubhouse

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post

Yeah cause after all the franchise has been through nd scrutiny they've been under that's just what they need is a huge cancer in the clubhouse.

Mets made some small minor moves already they signed Jon Rauch frank Francisco and traded pagan for Ramon ramirez and Andres torres

So they basically filled major holes in their bullpen and filled their lead off spot with Torres who is a hellluva player when healthy n was an unsung hero in getting the giants to the playoffs in their world series run
    The Mets aren't even close to being a contending team. They've been in dump mode since last year. They're just trying to get by financially for the next two years.

I don't like Ramirez, but Miami is in a bad spot and they could really use Wright and you'd get way more than he's worth. Get a third team involved and ship Ramirez somewhere else for prospects.

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

Get him out one way or another.....we all know the value of an unhappy Hanley...ZERO at best.

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Doesn't surprise me in the least, Hanley is a D ick. The hissy fit he through when they told him his hair was not within team regulations - he made a custom T-shirt in Spanish that he wore throughout the clubhouse mocking the organization - there are countless other examples. Jose Reyes when informed he would have to cut his hair "no problem, he's da boss, my hair has nothing to do with how I play baseball".
    Hanley enjoys the spoils baseball brings him, money, fame, etc.......Reyes lives to play baseball.

There is no doubt when Hanley is focused he is one of the top bats in the league, I would look what I could get for him if I were the Marlins though.

Oh, and I am a die hard Mets fan - don't want him anywhere near my team.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

He aint goin nowhere I guarantee you

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    He aint goin nowhere I guarantee you
    Probably true. One thing is for sure though, if he doesn't get on board he won't last long with Guillen at the helm. Ozzie won't tolerate the attitude he has brought to the table the last couple of years.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    no reason to trade wright yet hes still under contract next 2 years lets see if he can get back to his old form with the fences coming in and god forbid jason bay can hit atleast 20 homeruns
    Lucky to get 10 with the current form he's in.

milkncereal
    milkncereal's Avatar Become A Pro!

reds trade their cubans: alonso, grandal and chapman plus bailey and volquez for ramirez and morrison or a young MLB ready OF.

miami gets young talented players that they can market the hell out of with two high plus side pitching guys and reds get their right handed power bat to hit b/w votto and bruce and a possible LF option

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Pelfrey and Dillon Gee for Hanley Ramirez.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Pelfrey and Dillon Gee for Hanley Ramirez.
    Hahaha, i would love Pelfrey gone, but i don't think any would take him.