View Poll Results: Will the Texas Rangers win the AL West?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 28.57%
  • No

5 71.43%
    onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Will the Texas Rangers win the AL West?

Since the Rangers traded for Carlos Lee. Does that put them over the top to win the AL West? That all four teams are in the hunt for. Carlos Lee goes to a hitters park, that gives up a good share of home runs.

I still think the Rangers have issues with pitching, and it will still be a fight for them to win the AL West. Remember, Oakland is still in that division and this is their part of the season.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

there pitching won't last during that streach run. lets face it... it's a two team race for the AL west (oakland and the halo's)

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I dont like the Angels right now because Bartolo Colon seems to be hurting again. So that leaves them with a hurt ace in their rotation. If the Angels dont make a move to counter the Rangers, we may just see Oakland and Texas battle it out. If we dont see a surprise surge by the Mariners.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Mariners getting rid of that stiff everett has sure sparked a little offense on there part, but highly douby there pitching would pose any sort of threat down the streach.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

J.J. Putz has been a solid closer since stepping up to that role, but I do agree, their starting rotation is not that great. Besides Gil Meche and Felix Hernandez, they dont have much to offer there. Their middle relief is not all that great either.

But with a division race that close, anything can happen. Its just a long shot with the Mariners.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had to vote since they still have not addressed their pitching problem.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I voted No, I picked the Angels to win it from day 1 and Im gonna stick with my pick. I hope Colonīs injury is not too serious.
    But Lee should certainly add some pop to an already good lineup...