onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

Yankees acquire Sal Fasano from the Phillies

Not sure why the Yankees need another catcher for. Kelly Stinnett was doing ok for them, backing up Jorge Posada. Could be just another wasted deal for the Yankees, like usual.

Article
    Yankees acquire Fasano from Phils for minor-leaguer

Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA -- The New York Yankees acquired catcher Sal Fasano from the Philadelphia Phillies on Wednesday for minor-league second baseman Hector Made.

Fasano had been designated for assignment by the Phillies on July 22. He hit .243 with four home runs and 10 RBI in 50 games.

Fasano, who will generally be Jorge Posada's backup, was in the starting lineup Wednesday night in Texas.

"We're throwing him into the fray," Yankees manager Joe Torre said. "He hasn't played in a few days, so we'll see where we are."

The Yankees designated catcher Kelly Stinnett for assignment to make room on their 25-man roster for Fasano. Stinnett hit .228 with one homer and nine RBI in 34 games.

"He's very professional the way he goes about his business," Torre said of Fasano. "We just thought he was a better option. We just have a lot of firsthand knowledge about him."

The 21-year-old Made was hitting .286 with three home runs and 28 RBI in 86 games for Tampa of the Class A Florida State League. The Phillies have assigned him to Class A Clearwater.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

now i'm confused... are the phillies now sellers or buyers

i guess we just might see a fire sale in philly soon enough.