bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Damn, Those Twins Are Hot!

I never seen this one comming at all.

the twins won 11 out of there last 12 games and have creeped back into the wild card race. there only 1 game out right now, and there looking very sharp in both there hitting and pitching.

it's going to be interesting to see what happens in these next 4 games of theres, because they play the white sox tomorrow, and the tigers this weekend.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    I never seen this one comming at all.

the twins won 11 out of there last 12 games and have creeped back into the wild card race. there only 1 game out right now, and there looking very sharp in both there hitting and pitching.

it's going to be interesting to see what happens in these next 4 games of theres, because they play the white sox tomorrow, and the tigers this weekend.

They definitely have the pitching. Argubably have the two best pitchers in the game (Santana, Liriano).

bigboydan

whats really suprising is to see the turnaround of brad radke. this guy has returned to his old form once again.

they need to be buyers before the trade deadline and pick up another bat or two to be a real threat.

rolemand
    rolemand's Avatar Become A Pro!

Damn was I disappointed. I thought there were going to be some pictures of twins in this thread !!

My wife has a twin so my mind went there automatically, though I did look to see if this was in the private section and saw it wasn't.

ourbet
    ourbet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rolemand
    Damn was I disappointed. I thought there were going to be some pictures of twins in this thread !!

My wife has a twin so my mind went there automatically, though I did look to see if this was in the private section and saw it wasn't.
    Here's a pic of the Olsen twins then rolemand.
    Attached Images  

rolemand
    rolemand's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's better!!

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rolemand

hahahahaha cracked me up dude.
    It never occured to me... which Im not proud of.
    Anyway this is the latest rumor... (when is something really gonna happen?)

Put Alfonso Soriano on the Twins' roster and their chances to win the wild card and perhaps the AL Central not only rise, but so do their chances of winning the World Series. Pohlad is one of our country's richest men, with Forbes listing his worth at $2.8 billion. Amazingly, his team receives a revenue-sharing check courtesy of big-market clubs including the Mets and Yankees. Nevertheless, the Twins have a bottom-third payroll nearly identical to that of the Nationals, who are looking to move Soriano. It is time for Pohlad to honor the tremendous work done by Terry Ryan by encouraging his GM to get Soriano, even if it means scrounging up the loose million or two caught in his sofa. One talent evaluator said the Twins have about 15-18 appetizing prospects. ... One admiring GM added, "They are prospect heavy and 95 percent of that is on the pitching side, which trades very well." A short list of those arms includes Scott Baker and Pat Neshek, who are in the majors, and Matt Garza, Glen Perkins, Kevin Slowey and Boof Bonser, all of whom are at Double-A or Triple-A - in other words, the kind of near ready arms Washington wants.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Another win today for the Twins who sweep the ChiSox in Chicago. Amazing 40-game span for the Twins and a totally messed up couple of weeks for the White Sox.

bigboydan

there just on fire right now. i wonder if they will actually go out an add a bat or two though, because they really need'um if they wanna be a legit contender.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Silva and Radke start winning some games they might even catch Detroit.
    I do agree they need a bat and perhaps a reliever (so do the other 29 teams) but they are centainly on a roll.
    Maybe you guys know, when will Tori Hunter be back?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

The addition of Carlos Lee or Alfonso Soriano would be big for the Twins. They have the pitching, and another bat could boost them to the AL Central title.

Why did you guys have my back about the Twins last month in the AL Central thread?

Watch, now the Twins will fall off, and drop in the standings.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Just seen this stat on SportsCenter.

The Twins are 34-8 since June 8th. That is an amazing run. My god.

bigboydan

the tigers had a similar run earlier this year like the twins are on right now. if somebody was to tell me both the tigers and twins would have runs like this at the begining of the season, i would have never believed it.

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

I think the Twins will end up with Alfonso Soriano and a pitcher. They are up to something big, but I can't believe it would be Dontrelle Willis. Would you want three lefties? I know they are all aces, but all lefty.

bigboydan

the fish already announced publicly on serveral occasions in the past week that Dontrelle Willis will not be traded. that would be the smart thing to do though really, because there trying to get that new stadium and need a super star to help with the cause.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by clonecat
    I think the Twins will end up with Alfonso Soriano and a pitcher. They are up to something big, but I can't believe it would be Dontrelle Willis. Would you want three lefties? I know they are all aces, but all lefty.
    as of this afternoon the twins have contacted the brewers about carlos lee. if they can somehow aquire Lee they not only boost there offensive numbers, but become a really legit contender this year.

The Prick
    Make America Great
    The Prick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3625

Man, talk about a relief! from the title of this thread i kinda figgered it'd be BGD's Glamour Shots of his nads.....like a train wreck, couldn't look away. then i remembered that hunting accident which left him with a Lone Ranger

bigboydan

i'm curious to see how the twins will fair against the motor city kitties this weekend.

the twins have both there aces going in this series and there at home. now we shall see if there contenders or pretenders in the AL central.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    i'm curious to see how the twins will fair against the motor city kitties this weekend.

the twins have both there aces going in this series and there at home. now we shall see if there contenders or pretenders in the AL central.
    Very good series this weekend. The Twins have Radke sandwich between their young ace Liriano and established ace Santana. So they should win this series right? We will see what the Twins are made of here. I will try to catch these 3 games.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I do not think the Twins need any bats once they get tp the playoffs, I still don't know if they will make it over New York/Chicago with their 3-5 pitching rotation, but once they get there I would take them over anyone in the playoffs

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

They were actually 40/1 to win it all just a couple days ago, but now all the books have wised up to them

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Here are the series odds on this one from Pinnacle.

Detroit Tigers vs Minnesota Twins
    Friday 7/28/2006: 05:10 PM
    23 Tigers +148
    24 Twins -158

bigboydan

i like betting dogs but i don't think i could take the tigers in this series.

with the dynamic duo going for the twins this weekend, and radke pitching like the ace he once was for the twins just a few years ago. not to mention the fact the twins are playing this series at home.