Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capping and Discussions: Tuesday July 25th, 2006

I am starting the thread early since I won't be around this afternoon/tonight.

Post your comments and leans in this thread. If you have a play post it in the regular best bets thread. Remember, this is for comments and leans only. No results will be tracked from this thread.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

checkout all the aces going on tuesday.

carpeter
    clemems
    mussina
    holliday
    Glavine/Zambrano
    Sheets
    Rogers
    Santana/Contreras
    Schilling
    odds are it will be a nice doggie type day IMO

Hulu
    Hulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Ok guys what am I missing here???

Detroit with Rogers starting is -102 against Cleveland???

Rogers is 11-3 with a 3.97 ERA...very solid. Byrd on the other hand is mediocre at 7-6 with a 4.78 ERA. Detroit's bullpen is superior too.

This line looks to me to be way off...I would think more like Detroit -115 to -120. I am afraid to lay any money because I am so far off base here (pun not intended)

So what am I missing here??? Help!

Hulu

Hulu

Any opinions on FLA/ATL?

Sanchez is really pitching well right now so they are attractive at +124 but Atlanta has been so hot lately. Are the Jones' back in the lineup for the Braves tonight?

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Rogers has made it through 6 innings only once in has last five and even in that game he was in a good amount of trouble all day (6 hits, 3 walk in 6 inn). The other four starts were pretty ugly (19 ER in 19 innings pitched).

Byrd has had a couple shaky outings in his last 8 or so but overall has pitched well recently. He also has only allowed 2 er in 14 innings pitched against the Tigers this year. Also, yahoo has his ERA at 4.28 and not 4.78...its dropped a full run since June 1st.

Only reason I'm not hitting the Indians harder is because they are so inconsistent but still made them my play of the day.

Hulu

My mistake...it is 4.28 you are correct. I'm not as concerned about Rogers because the Det bullpen is solid. Good luck tonight.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hulu, from what I read yesterday Andrew should be back in the lineup, I can tell you for sure that Chipper is out.
    Wouldnt bet agaist the Bravos tonight... they are hot, hot, hot!!!!!

Hulu

Yeah its hard to bet against Atlanta's bats lately, they've made me some money.

Hulu

Quote Originally Posted by Wassymac
    Rogers has made it through 6 innings only once in has last five and even in that game he was in a good amount of trouble all day (6 hits, 3 walk in 6 inn). The other four starts were pretty ugly (19 ER in 19 innings pitched).
    UGH! Why didn't I listen?!?!?! My mother always said I didn't listen.