Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capping and Discussions: Saturady July 22nd, 2006

Post your comments and leans in this thread. If you have a play post it in the regular best bets thread. Remember, this is for comments and leans only. No results will be tracked from this thread.

Illusion

Oakland pitcher Blanton has been pitching well recently while Miner for Detroit has only been averaging five innings in his last few starts. I think Oakland at +128 is worth a shot this afternoon.

Hulu
    Hulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I am thinking the same thing...just haven't made up my mind yet. And the line is moving more to favour Detroit in the last few mins. Gonna wait and see on this one.

Also waiting to see what happens with Atlanta. I think there is good value there for them to break their 2 game slump.

Hulu

Illusion

So much for Blanton pitching well.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    So much for Blanton pitching well.
    Well his team has a chance here with bases jacked, no outs, to get some of those runs back. This game isnt over yet, Athletics just need to cash in here to make it a game again.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Braves/Phillies game was just postponed due to rain. It will be made up on September 2nd as a day-night double header.

Article
    Braves-Phillies Rained Out

July 22, 2006

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -Rain forced the postponement of the Philadelphia Phillies' game against the Atlanta Braves on Saturday, delaying Brett Myers' first start at home since his arrest for domestic violence.

The game will be replayed as part of a day-night doubleheader on Sept. 2, with the first game set to begin at 1:05 p.m. and the nightcap scheduled for 7:05 p.m.

The teams play the finale of their series Sunday night. Myers (6-3) will oppose Horacio Ramirez (5-3).

Myers was arrested last month for allegedly striking his wife, Kim, in the face on a Boston street corner. The Phillies came under heavy criticism for allowing Myers to pitch against the Red Sox a day after the incident.

Myers pleaded not guilty to the charges and was placed on the temporary inactive list a few days after pitching against Boston. He returned to the Phillies last week, and pitched seven solid innings in a victory at San Francisco last Sunday.

The Braves would've been without their two most dangerous hitters, Chipper Jones and Andruw Jones. Chipper Jones, who has a 20-game hitting streak, injured his left side early in Friday night's game. Andruw Jones was a late scratch because of a sore back. Both players are day-to-day.

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Well his team has a chance here with bases jacked, no outs, to get some of those runs back. This game isnt over yet, Athletics just need to cash in here to make it a game again.
    The A's came through today. It's about time one went my way.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    The A's came through today. It's about time one went my way.
    Yeah, they tied the game after I posted that. Matched the 5 spot the Tigers put up in the 1st. Then went on to take the game. Blanton got rocked, but the pen did its job. I liked the outcome myself.