Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will Chris Carpenter "Man up" and pitch game 7 if Cardinals win tonight???

I know its only 2 days rest but this is a chance to win a world series than only handful of people ever get the opportunity to do .....I say give him a shot of cortisone and get him out on the bump

Beckett pitched game 6 vs Yankees on 2 days rest and threw a complete game. Now we all know that was a very young Beckett but don't you think Carpenter can get it done on 2 days rest too?

If not Carpenter who are the Cardinals going to go with in game 7?????

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

No way Carpenter pitches in game 7

Ice House

who will pitch? Lohshe is horrible they can't have another 3 inning start

I don't know about Edwin Jackson , i guess he may be the best option

I sure hope for the Cardinals sake the Rangers don't pitch Holland... I want to see them put that gas can out there Harrison

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    I know its only 2 days rest but this is a chance to win a world series than only handful of people ever get the opportunity to do .....I say give him a shot of cortisone and get him out on the bump

Beckett pitched game 6 vs Yankees on 2 days rest and threw a complete game. Now we all know that was a very young Beckett but don't you think Carpenter can get it done on 2 days rest too?

If not Carpenter who are the Cardinals going to go with in game 7?????

Have you ever pitched at a reasonably high level? As in, high school or above? After throwing a game, the day after, a pitcher's arm is pretty much useless. It hurts, it is sore, just not much you can do.

2 days after, it is still sore, a little less so, but still sore.

Just not going to happen. 3 days rest is pushing it. 2 days rest is insane. Carpenter would be throwing 87-88 MPH and/or probably damaging his arm.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Don't have to worry about it. We will not see a game 7.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

If there is a rain out tonite - yes. If not- no.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post

Ice House

damaging to his arm yes.... but he is capable of coming out there with good stuff atleast for a 5 inning start.
    Yes I am a pitcher, I pitch in adult league now, I played a year in college and then fuked up my elgibility... throw a sick curve ball , change-up is my best pitch and my fastball topped out 89mph at the White Sox tryout over the summer. They said they only needed 1 pitcher at the time and they took a dude throwing 92mph. I might be going to some pro tryouts in the spring for the independent leagues maybe try mexican leagues like Kenny Powers...

I know it is extremely tough to pitch on short rest.... especially for me pitching in the NABA adult leagues I need about a weeks rest. But these pros have access to massage therapist , cortisone shots, hot tubs, cold tubs, Ice and stem electro things whatever you call them, and pain killers.

Pros throw the baseball a lot and are in very good shape. Verlander I know throws a bullpen 2 days after starts, I know a bullpen isn't balls to the wall but i bet he is throwing 95mph in his bullpens...

but I think pitchers are capable of pitching with good stuff on 2 days rest if not better location and movement maybe slightly less velocity but yeah it can take a toll on their arm and maybe cause injury.

But i'm saying if I'm Carpenter..... i'm going to Larussa and saying gimme the damn ball I don't give a fukk if i blow out my arm

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

did you not see what Philly weak hitting lineup did to Carp on 3 days rest? Now insert tex bats and you will see there nothing good about this idea.. Not much sense sending Carp out there to get lit up..hopefully it rains next 2 days then it be his ball gm 7...

notsosharp
    notsosharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

everybody will be available to go game 7

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I heard yesterday they are considering starting him in game 7 if they have a rain out tonight. The weather sure looks ugly currently right now and there is an 80 percent chance of rain all evening and tonight here. I would think it wouldn't be a bad idea to cancel the game a few hours in advance if things look bad. I say since there is no other series to worry about here I think they should cancel the game tonight and put it on Thursday night if the weather does look pretty bad.

peeiempee
    peeiempee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

It ends tonite given the game is not postponed.

Rookie-Capper
    Rookie-Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3446

westbrook might be a better option than louse

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Stocks View Post
    No way Carpenter pitches in game 7
    As a capper, that's the best choice. But as a fan?

If Card's win tonight, I think league's biggest motivation for game 7 is to sell tickets/tv viewers, and that's to put Carp on the mound. (just like the Brewers did with Gallardo, but G7 never materiaized).

C'mon folks, series is over, Rangers win. Might as well get some $$ for it. Carp or Westbrook, to LaRussa and Co., I doubt it matters.

justwinthisone
    justwinthisone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4980

dont think about 7 yet.......there will be a game 7 but no need to think about it this early

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

It just became a possibility

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Maybe 2 innings from the bull but nothing more. Its not very safe, he could walk a few guys and boom a big hit could end the game.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I think LaRussa will consider starting Westbrook if it gets to a 7th game

Ice House

oh shit Carpenter on 3 days rest for game 7 Cardinals got a chance!!!!

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

he will now

Ice House

Only problem is Holland will probably go game 7 now..... DAMN"T!!!!!! but Holland can't duplicate Sunday's performance can he?

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

cards win no matter who is on the mound..if you cant see this quit gambling on sports..team of destiny..rangers have no chance.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

its 3 days rest...not 2

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by mh217 View Post
    cards win no matter who is on the mound..if you cant see this quit gambling on sports..team of destiny..rangers have no chance.
    oh really? Team of destiny?

Truth be told, I'm very surprised the Rangers are taking this to Game 7. They're really cutting it close.

But truth be told, the Cards do NOT belong in the WS. It just screams marketing/publicity stunt. Or a plan to bring $$ to St. Louis, a city that badly needs the tourism.

And as LB stated before, Cinderella's don't win the big game.

I'm really rethinking my theory, I may hedge my Rangers Win Series bet tomorrow, because the odds went from 80% to 65%. But yeah... series is unreal.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

that 3 days could be a mistake also, he could pitch about 5 innings and thats it

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Taking Carpenter and Cardinals tomorrow. Maybe a 6-4 type final score.....homefield advantage for St. Louis.

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Carp may not start tomorrow but he'll definitely pitch. Al Hrabosky just told me so

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

3 days rest...world series game 7...he will throw till his arm falls off, as long as he's producing.