DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

The biggest disappointment of the World Series

Easily, matt holliday. Even Hamilton isn;t this bad. He should be moved down to 5th slot or 6th and bring freese up one.

DemoralizdDreamr

fuks up again

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Agreed.

I'm not sure why this board is trashing Pujols. He can't go 5 for 6 with three homers every game. Holliday is killing us.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Holliday has been rolling over pitches for 2 months now...

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18785

Totally agree, Matt Holliday is the most overpaid athlete in sports (used to be Matt Leinart). Never comes through in the clutch, and besides making a nice play throwing out runner at home, is a defensive liability. I couldn't figure out why Cardinals ever signed him for so much for so long after he screwed up the 2009 playoffs.

His modest numbers seem to be fools gold, gets hits when game is decided or doesn't matter, and seems more than content to take a walk and let someone else make the big hit. I can't ever remember him getting a clutch hit as a Cardinal. Wasn't the sole purpose of overpaying Holliday was to punish opposing teams for pitching around Pujols?

The excessive money Holliday and Kyle Lose make would be enough to resign Pujols. Those 2 are the poster childs of epic fail. Sad thing is, doesn't Holliday still have 5 more years left?

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

I didn't know there is a purpose for overpaying for somebody.

BarkingToad

Anyone remember The Cubs game late in the year late in the game where Holliday made the 3rd out at 3rd base with the play right in front of him that could have kept the Cardinals out of the playoffs? Turned out Marmol imploded in the 9th inning walking and hitting batters. I can't figure out why Holliday has been given a free pass for so long.

He's a below average fielder and base runner, so what good is he? If Cards don't resign Pujols, who would be dumb to pay good money to watch that garbage? It would be like watching the Oakland A's when Holliday was their star. Remember those days?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

he has had a severe hand injury no one is talking about. here's a write up from during the phillies series:Phillies vs. Cardinals: Matt Holliday's Hand Injury Spells Doom for St. Louis
    By Adam Wells (Featured Columnist) on October 4, 2011 206 reads 0
    Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more storiesNext
    David Welker/Getty Images
    In a game in which Chris Carpenter allowed four runs in just three innings pitched, the St. Louis Cardinals found a way to steal a victory from the Philadelphia Phillies in Game 2 of the National League Division Series. But things will get more difficult for the Cards as they move on in the series without Matt Holliday.

According to Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the chances of Holliday starting any of the remaining games is remote, and because of the pain he is feeling in his hand, which he aggravated in a game against the Astros last week, it is unlikely that he will even be able to pinch-hit.

"(Cardinals GM John) Mozeliak didn't dispute a more pessimistic outlook but hoped that [Monday's] examination and almost 48 hours between games might allow enough time for incremental improvement. The club insists the condition will not require surgery following the season but concedes that there is little hope for marked improvement without an extended rest."

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Holliday is a fucken bum. Stranded 10 runners by himself last night!

DemoralizdDreamr

If hes injured, bench his ass. Why is he hitting in the 4th slot??? the manager is an idiot.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would say that pitcher Harrison for the Rangers...

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

I would say not just Holliday, but nearly the entire Cards lineup has failed to punish Ranger pitching and capitalize on opportunities. How many times in the series has Ranger pitchers struggled to find the strike zone, walk a Card or two, and then get bailed out immediately by the next Card, who'll swing at a pitch outside of the zone? If the Cards were a little more methodical and patient, series could be completely different. I guess it's only fair that I tip my hat to the Rangers for being able to throw the high heat and entice Card batters to chase...really playing well on the batters' aggressiveness.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2170

If you betting/rooting on St. Louis Holliday, Betting/rooting on Texas Hamilton.

BarkingToad

Hopefully Texas' best player stays on the Cardinals bench tonight and Craig plays game 7.

DemoralizdDreamr

furcal, craig, albert, berk, freese, molina, descalso, (punto, jay, skip), carpenter. Looks solid to me.