No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Rangers are -127 to win the series heading into Game 5

What do you think about this? CJW hasn't been anything special in the postseason, he's facing the Cardinals' ace, StL has at least one -- if not two -- shots to rally and win the series at home regardless of tonight's outcome ... really would think the price would be around PK at this point if the Cards were winning either tonight or overall.

JuniorAnalyst
    JuniorAnalyst's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

the cards will win tonight so if you want to make a play on the rangers wait for tomorrow when there down a game should get amazing value picking a team to win 2 consecutive games on the road for the world series

justwinthisone
    justwinthisone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4980

if Texas loses tonight they are done

justwinthisone
    justwinthisone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4980

and i thought wilson pitched well with the exception to those walks in game 1

anthonyc023
    anthonyc023's Avatar Become A Pro!

i can get rangers at +145 for the series right now

UpsetSpecial09
    UpsetSpecial09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyc023 View Post
    i can get rangers at +145 for the series right now
    I would love to know where you saw this line because its way off from what I am seeing from most major books. If I saw +145 right now I would jump on that since I can get St Louis at +$ as well. Either this is not right or some book is really stupid! Can you post a screen capture please.
    Attached Images  

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Texas has to be favored. Public perception is that Texas is the better team.

I figured it would be -125 so this sounds about right.

I really feel like this series goes 7 even if Texas wins tonight.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Texas has to be favored. Public perception is that Texas is the better team.

I figured it would be -125 so this sounds about right.

I really feel like this series goes 7 even if Texas wins tonight.

i hope not bro..well i mean i agree Cards winning gm 6 but id prefer we go ahead and take tonight's gm so we dont gotta worry bout Loshe starting gm 7...

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    i hope not bro..well i mean i agree Cards winning gm 6 but id prefer we go ahead and take tonight's gm so we dont gotta worry bout Loshe starting gm 7...
    Of course I hope we win tonight.

That being said, this really isn't a must win for St. Louis. It's almost a must win for Texas. Regardless of the outcome tonight I still like where the Cardinals are at.

People have been saying the Cardinals had no shot for the past two months.

Philly was supposed to sweep us. Then we were toast after game one against the Brewers. Then the Rangers were going to beat us in 5 games, etc.

It went from a best of 7, to a best of 5, to a best of 3.

There are three games remaining and two are in St. Louis. This situation is about as good as I could have ever possibly asked for after being 9.5 back with a month to go in the season.

Don't you get the feeling that this game is a coinflip? Texas may have a very slight edge but it's not by much. I like the Cardinals chances.

Honestly, the Cards could easily be up 3-1. The Rangers have really only outplayed St. Louis in one game.

UpsetSpecial09
    UpsetSpecial09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Still no screen shot of Texas +145 from this afternoon so I guess it didnt exist?

anthonyc023
    anthonyc023's Avatar Become A Pro!

[IMG][/IMG] i played this instead