gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Tuesday/Wednesday picks (222-152 +42.72)

MLB

Cardinals -118 risk 1.18

NHL

Capitals -1.5 +140 risk 1 (5dimes reduced juice)

Capitals -.5 (reg time) -130 risk 3.9

Champions league

Parlay Real Madrid ML/ Man U ML/ Man city ML +106 risk 1

Ajax +.5 -168 risk 1.68

Man U -1.5 -114 risk 1.14

gregm

It seems strange that the Cardinals are even in the playoffs much less playing for the world series. After Adam Wainwright got hurt in the preseason and just a month away from the playoffs, they seemed to be running out of gas but they came into the playoffs one of the hottest teams in baseball.

In the playoffs, they seem to be firing on all cylinders, Pujols in the playoffs is his usual dominant self and with guys like David Freese hitting everything that comes his way, Holliday stepping up , this is beginning to remind me of the Rockies run into the playoffs in 2007. I believe the Rangers are the better team here and will win this but I like the cardinals in this first matchup.

Pitching hasnt been the bright spot for either team but Chris Carpenter did have a stellar showing int playoffs against the Phillies throwing a 3-hit shutout to win the NLDS vs. Philadelphia. He didnt look that great against the Brewers in Game 3 of the National League championship series, allowing three runs in five innings but St Louis did come out with the win.

Wilson has looked pretty bad int he playoffs, with a 1.85 WHIP and 8.04 ERA in three playoff starts. His last start in Game 5 of the against Detroit, when a Miguel Cabrera grounder took a bounce off the third base bag to open the doors for a 4-run Tigers sixth inning. The Cardinals lineup are also showing some great numbers against lefties.

I have seen some people saying the cardinals have a major advantage without the dh for the first game but I dont see the mitch moreland being that major of a loss hitting wise for the rangers. St. Louis has now won 12 of its last 16 games at home, cool temperatures versus the texas heat, and a vet like carpenter on the mound and the numbers the cardinals are showing with Freese and Pujols and their numbers against lefites, I am taking St. Louis in this first one.

Interesting stat I saw this morning "in the past 5 years of the world series the RL is 19-6 for the winning team including 11-0 the past 2 years. Another unit on

St louis -1 +125 risk 1

Champions league/Tennis

Parlay AC Milan/Chelsea/Del Potro/Barcelona -127 risk 1.27

Parlay Del Potro/Chelsea/Barcelona -240 risk 2.4

Arsenal under 2.5 -117 risk 1.17

Arsenal under 1 first half -124 risk 1.24

Arsenal +.5 -134 risk 1.34

NHL

Toronto started like this last year before fading, they look great with Kessel lighting it up. I saw that first home game for the Jets against Montreal, and I think it going to be a long season for this team

Toronto -165 risk 1.65
    Last edited by gregm; 10-19-11 at 12:34 PM. Reason: arsenal first half

gregm

Adding some props

5dimes

No Sac Fly that scores a run -195 risk 1.95

No player over 2½ hits -170 risk 1.7

TEX M.Young total bases
    STL D.Freese total bases -115 risk 1.15

TEX M.Young no RBI -150 risk 1.5