seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

How will the Beckett, Lackey, and Lester respond to these allegation?

Next you are going to hear they were running trains on Patriot Cheerleaders. No way those guys go on the road next year without kfc bones, miller light cans, playing cards and joysticks being thrown on the field. Imagine the creativity of the fan's signs too.

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Wonder if they got hookers too?

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Maybe some blow too?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Lackey could not careless. He is still owed over $50+ million. He will probably buy a few KFC franchises with that money.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

it is a non-issue these guys were starting pitchers and it was not the night they were throwing. They had no chance to get in the ball game so who cares

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

link to article, what did they do?

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

it's a nonissue considering the same shit goes on in almost every clubhouse in the MLB. It's getting blown out of proportion due to the Red Sox collapse, Tito not returning and now Theo leaving for the Cubs.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Boston needs to re group
    Some lazy players
    Francona lost control of team
    No discipline

Ice House

I never liked Francona I thought he was the most overrated coach in baseball. I will probably like them now that they are going to get a real skipper.

Maybe Tommy Lasorda or Joe Torre would be a good fit.

SCRAGGS
    The toe is back
    SCRAGGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    I never liked Francona I thought he was the most overrated coach in baseball. I will probably like them now that they are going to get a real skipper.

not a fukin chance in hell that will happen. They will put in someone who will
    run the club ownerships way.

Ice House

but how funny would it be to have Joe Torre managing the Red Sox

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    it's a nonissue considering the same shit goes on in almost every clubhouse in the MLB. It's getting blown out of proportion due to the Red Sox collapse, Tito not returning and now Theo leaving for the Cubs.

If it happens in every clubhouse, are the relievers excluded from this behavior, or the 15th through 25th guys on the team. Is this only about guys not pitching on their scheduled pitching day. What if you backed up Cal Ripken, could you get away with it, or a utility guy. I don't think its a non issue, the sox have been out of the playoffs nearly two weeks, and things are still coming out of the clubhouse that probably some players WANT to get out.

pokerplayer22
    pokerplayer22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Becket and Lester never had any issues until the fat fuk overpaid Lackey came into town and brought his habits with him. The red sox need to eat his contract and send him on his way

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

lackey will probably do what hes been doing the last few years. Eating and gaining weight and sucking ass.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Just like Ortiz said in today's interview..

"The same thing was going on in 2004 and 2007 when we won the World Series"

Non issue.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Here they are at the press conference...

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16303

It is just typical behavior from the biggest jerks in sports baseball players.The most overpaid people on the planet.I have heard from more people over the years from people i have met and people on Sports talk shows that baseball players are the biggest a... holes in person,Yet baseball is my favorite sport 2nd to football.Must be bored i guess.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

If it is a non issue why are the players accused responding? No one responds to non issues do they, unless they are stupid or damned fools.

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

It is an issue because they sucked at the end of the season and Beckett and Lackey were a big part of the problem. If Carpenter or Halliday were caught chowing donuts and hiring strippers, no one would care, because at the end of the season, they didn't look like overbloated fat asses. Most importantly, THEY DIDN'T LOSE GAMES.

I'm just laughing my ass off at Beckett because he's their "ace" and he really did look out of shape at the end of the season. I'm not mean-spirited, actually I was telling the BF that I'd probably do the same thing. I think it's hilarious because they got caught. It's not like it's juice or snow or some career-ending shit, it's just chicken.

Hilarious.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

I felt bad for Lackey for the crap they gave him this yr when he was having to deal with his wifes health issues on the side but doing this is sort of self inflicted to the reactions he is going to get

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

I have never in my life of watching sports seen a city and organization turn on its team. Did the boston red sox tank? Yes. Did they over pay Carl Crawford? Yes. But people act like Carl Crawford is going some where. He had an awful year but is still a threat to go for 40 and 40 for the next 5 years of his contract. Pedroia and Elsbury are nasty. They tanked bit jesus christ these guys will be back next year right in the hunt. They yankees are going to be awful the next 5 years. Its red sox and tampa going at the next 5 years.

To think if they win one game and tampa doesnt come back from down 7-0 to the yankees....the Red Sox go to the playoffs and Francona still has a job.

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Red Sox are a joke.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

sign to bring to redsox games next season

LACKEY IS A CANCER
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post

LACKEY IS A CANCER
    That is much more of an insult to his wife, so I don't see the point in a sign like that.

Ice House

9th inning rally beer

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

lester admitted they did drink beer but it wasn't a problem and didn't have anything to do with the epic collapse of the team in september. i agree 100% with him about that. i have had some of my best games when drunk so i know for a fact it wasn't just the beer.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post

LACKEY IS A CANCER
    You know there will be one in every stadium. LOL. Even Fenway.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

If it is true, the fact that fans actually support these guys to drink beer and play video games when they're not pitching is absurd. These athletes feel like they're entitled and it's disgusting to see management buy them headphones and throw a yacht party to try and fix the problem before it was too late.