InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

One thing lb brought up that's a good point is the rangers defense. Brewers were pretty much playing clown baseball in the field last series. That won't happen this time around. Someone made a comment about the cards CAN win. Well no shlt genius....they made the world series. I happen to think the rangers will win but I'm not laying that juice with stl having home field.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

LB what didnt you like about Rangers -105 before Game 6(NLCS) last night? You didnt like them against the brewers? The Rangers should have been bet yesterday at 50 cents less. Get your head out of your ass.

hungbruce
    hungbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

TEXAS

MichaelWaters
    MichaelWaters's Avatar Become A Pro!

hunch bet at terrible odds

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

jazz going up against jordan with a 2nd shot to win

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Lol goat wtf u talking about?

lakerboy

Tex -166 now btw

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Take Carfs game 1 and then take Texas for the series if Cards win.

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    dude

dontbuythehook
    dontbuythehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

incoming burial #47

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by dontbuythehook View Post
    incoming burial #47
    Welll according to the market I have made a good bet. Couldn't care less what you think. I always win in baseball over the season and this year is no different.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

I like the Rangers to win in 6.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let's see MLB wants to add another wildcard to the mix in the postseason right? There's a wildcard team in the World Series. Survey Says ... STL +150
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Boxing Champ

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Overall pitching favors Texas

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

I have a pre season future on Texas and I am a cards fan

peeiempee
    peeiempee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    you can take out all the useless talk about how the brewers played, means nothing and don't care.

think this is a coin flip between the rangers and my cards honestly, so not laying -145

cards pitching isn't as bad as they performed this series, TLR was just quick to the bullpen because of being in the playoffs, and it paid off, new series though
    I'm sure u don't have a bias right mizzou?

Boxing Champ
    Boxing Champ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Tex -166 now btw
    That's because someone who values your opinion allot read your post and laid a million dollars
    on Texas to win the series, Thus moving the line on Texas to win the series to -166.....

I'm fading you....
    Last edited by Boxing Champ; 10-17-11 at 06:12 PM.

Boxing Champ
    Boxing Champ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Let's see MLB wants to add another wildcard to the mix in the postseason right? There's a wildcard team in the World Series. Survey Says ... STL +150
    Always one step ahead of everyone else....
    Bravo..EP
    Cards it is...

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

I have some Cards futures so you are probably right. Should I wait a bit and see how it plays out? Not really following baseball this year that much.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

i hope you are wrong LB, but can't fault your bet

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

texas is no jordan.. texas lost in the series last year... did jordan lose a ring??

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Ill be rooting for the National League

dannyt76
    dannyt76's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Salmon Steak View Post
    I have a pre season future on Texas and I am a cards fan
    You're in a win-win situation. Texas wins and you cash.....Cards win and you celebrate. Gonna be a sweet WS for you. GL.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Ill take my -105. You didnt like Texas if it was the brewers?

dontbuythehook
    dontbuythehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welll according to the market I have made a good bet. Couldn't care less what you think. I always win in baseball over the season and this year is no different.
    Yeah except when you post play after play after play after play and lose the majority? Cards in 5 gg

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Texas is determined to make up for last years failure and this time around they wont have to deal with a starting staff like last years. Albeit The texas starters arent the greatest and will get hit the rangers wont make all those errors the cards did and there lineup is stacked. St louis is at a disadvantage starting at home imo. The rangers need 1 in there yard and then can go home and get 2 of 3 if not all three and at worst come back to st louis up 3-2 with two chances to win it.

I do have to give props to the cards and they will get hits and runs off this texas staff but the rangers will shred the cards starters and bullpen. Larussa wont get to face the mil hitters who had no experience and fell apart during the big moments. He wont get to juggle his bullpen like he did in the mil series. Texas hitters will get big hits when needed and not strikeout most of the time like the brewers or phils did.Texas plays good defense and that will be one of the keys. I honestly dont think i can take the chance of waiting to see if the rangers lose game 1 and look for a better price.

Texas has been a money maker in the playoffs and i am not gonna stop betting them now.

2 units so far might add more later.
    Yes, yes LB... good one here. You have a winner

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    texas is no jordan.. texas lost in the series last year... did jordan lose a ring??
    pujols/cards manager=jordan/phil? jazz equal texas? i like texas hitters they are good

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

There's another factor that I don't see being mentioned here and it's huge. What are the Cards going to do to hold the Rangers, when they get on base? Look at their season stats at throwing out base runners. Offensively, I don't think Cards are right there with the Rangers...they can play small ball and hit hr-for-hr with the Cards. Rotation-wise, I think the Cards have the edge.

#2Wilson #1Carpenter
    #4 Lewis #3 Garcia
    #5 Holland#5 Lohse
    #5 Harrison #5 Jackson

We can talk about how the Tigers destroyed the Ranger bullpen and how the Brewers put up some runs against the Cards, but there is a difference. The Brew Crew had played the Cards in several series prior to the postseason and again, earlier in the season. The more AB's typically favors the batter and I think we saw some of that in the Brew/Card series. With that being said, what's Texas' excuse? Yes, Texas has the better offensive lineup and bench, but the differences between the rotation could equalize Texas' offensive advantage.

Bullpen-wise, Rangers have the edge, but Cards' pen isn't too shabby either. I think it's huge that the Cards have homefield, because if the Cards' hitters can knock-around Texas' younger RP's and CL, then it could set the table for the Cards adv. when the series heads back to Arlington.

Finally, forget about the whole argument that because the Rangers went to the WS last year, lost, and now they are more determined than ever to win it. In baseball, wanting and trying harder doesn't bode well. It's all about who can stay loose, clear-headed, patient, consistent, etc; to hit or throw their pitches. With that being said, I think the Rangers' offensive has the mental edge, but Cards have the all-round luxury of coming in as the perceived underdog.

I still can't get over the fact that MLB doesn't reassess how homefield advantage is secured in the WS. The Rangers clearly deserved it and their not having it could be HUGE.

I am going to wait until Tuesday evening and likely buy the Cards series for 2-3 units. If the line noticeably drops Wednesday, I think it says something.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    baseball gods want STL to win. Everything in the world is going there way, the ball carrying 40 extra feet. Getting all the corners from the UMP. Hitting homers with a terrible swing with one hand. Hitting bloop singles to just fall in, hitting little ground ball singles just to break the infield.
    I hate the cards, i hate them so much. But its there year.
    And they gotten the past possible mactchup breaks through the whole series....

My heart want to say St. Louis but think I got to take Texas as -150ish seems to short to me...

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

spot on LB..when a team has been to the dance and lost, they have more resolve to win the next time, see it in all sports

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    spot on LB..when a team has been to the dance and lost, they have more resolve to win the next time, see it in all sports
    What happen to the Buffalo Bills?

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    What happen to the Buffalo Bills?

They had no business being in the superbowl after the first time. AFC had weak teams. I think he is talking more in the line of like how the penguins beat the wings in there second chance.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

I think he is talking more in the line of like how the penguins beat the wings in there second chance.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Rangers win 4-1 is only +468 and Series Under 5.5 games is +160. Seem pretty low to me.

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

Quote Originally Posted by salmon steak View Post
    i have a pre season future on texas and i am a cards fan
    hedge!!

First 12345 Last