Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yankees/Red Sox

Need I say more. This is by far the biggest series in baseball this year.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

I gave a friend 2-1 that the Yankees wouldn't win the WS preseason... almost faded the bet at 7-1 during the allstar break... god, I'm kicking myself for not doing that now... go red sox!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yanks should win 2 out of 3

You will not see a repeat performance like last WS

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

I hate to say it, but I think Steinbrenner will be a very happy man in a month and Torre will retain his job.

Illusion

Have you guys seen those ticket prices? Sunday tickets are going for 2 dimes.

scottric
    scottric's Avatar Become A Pro!

Game was great tonight. Must have paced a mile or so in the living room. We needed this game and I'm getting up and early tomorrow to deal with the next one. The Indians blowing it tonight was a nice bonus too.

Friends of mine in Boston went to the last Toronto game and I got a message that they are going to Sunday's. They must have bought the tickets at the end of LAST season or something like that. However, at least I'll get to switch back and forth with the Pats game while I watch the Sox!

I know I'm not one of the people who really comments about specific gambling issues but my gut says the game will go under tomorrow. Based on the previous 1-0 performance against these guys and the fact that the outfield is going to reflect the sun something fierce for a good part of the game, that should keep scoring down. Wakefield is going on 3 day's rest and I think I heard that if a knuckleballer isn't fully rested, his knuckler is even harder to figure. Needless to say, Unit is difficult at best to hit on any day.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Despite being played in the biggest joke stadium in all of sports, you have to like under in today's game. The Yankees have struggled against Wakefield, and Johnson has already beaten the Red Sox 4 times this season.
    Of course, there will probably be three or four popups that end up being home runs.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I think the Big Unit will fold up today. And Wake? Who knows. Kind of like the Yanks to figure him out by the 2nd time up today. I like the OVER.

why
    why's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Wakefield + 1 1/2, -119

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

As a Yanks fan, if I had to bet a side today, it would be Boston. I think Unit gets hit and hit hard and Wakefield has been stellar over his last 10-11 starts. I think the Yanks then come back and absolutely thrash Schilling on Sunday

jjgold

If Boston wins today it is over

Yanks have to win period

OldeTymePlaya
    OldeTymePlaya's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yanks up 7-2. Wakefield sucked and is out.

Illusion

8-4 now...let's go Red Sox!!!

jjgold

Its all over

Yanks win Div

Illusion

If Boston wins the wild card they will play Chicago. New York would play the Angels.