will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Mark McGwire has made a difference as batting coach

All of the players like Freese love him and he's really helped improved their game. This might be a backdoor way for him to get into the hall of fame. He wasn't juiced when he hit those 49 Home runs at the beginning of his career and the players say that he can still hit it a ton. I hope the Cardinals win and Big Mac get's a ring. LaRussa made a genius move off of loyalty.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mac was a great hitter anyway

Good for him Cards are doing well

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Reason why the guy was great because he used roids. Guy will never be in the hall of fame, bonds has a better chance then him.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Reason why the guy was great because he used roids. Guy will never be in the hall of fame, bonds has a better chance then him.
    u cant hit that many homers just by doing roids, u need a swing and timing, if it was just roids dont u think everyone would have that many homers
    Last edited by onetrickpony; 10-14-11 at 11:23 AM.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

how can anyone say he wasn't juiced when he was teammates with canseco since 1986?

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    u can hit that many homers just by doing roids, u need a swing and timing, if it was just roids dont u think everyone would have that many homers

brady anderson once hit 50 homeruns in a season. sandwiched by 16 and 18 homerun seasons.

who was his teammate at the time? rafael palmeiro.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

He was good before the roids, but not otherworldly like after. He did a great job last night of getting inside Holliday's head after the previous game debacle. Holliday actually looked like he wanted to be at the plate last night. larussa sent him the message by demoting him in the lineup and I am sure Mac made him look at those sorry excuses for "at bats" he had the previous night. Brewers pitchers were being obvious abt not throwing him anything close to the strike zone and he appeared more than happy to help them out. He had 2 of the worst at bats i have ever seen on any level. That includes t-ball. I give Mac credit for making him realize what he was doing. Relax and make them throw strikes.

I like him alot, but no Hall for him. or Bonds.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

If Manny Pacroid is clean, then so is Mark Mcgwire. He was great, fun to watch. He was clean never did no drugs! Everyone else was on the juice.

I remember when he had those years he couldnt hit water out of a boat, then he turned it all around with hard work!

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    All of the players like Freese love him and he's really helped improved their game. This might be a backdoor way for him to get into the hall of fame. He wasn't juiced when he hit those 49 Home runs at the beginning of his career and the players say that he can still hit it a ton. I hope the Cardinals win and Big Mac get's a ring. LaRussa made a genius move off of loyalty.
    How many needles did he bring with him to St. Louis? I guess injecting all of the players while they are sleeping with steroids is being a good hitting coach.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

u cant hit that many homers just by doing roids, u need a swing and timing, if it was just roids dont u think everyone would have that many homers
    But you don't wear down like other players not using. It does keep you on the top of your game over the course of a season.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

So you need to swing the bat and time it to hit the ball? MLB players can generally do that, its the roids that push it over the wall. How on earth McGuire managed to accept all the praise and adulation poured upon him like he was a greek god knowing he was only a con-man is something I can't figure out.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

How do steroids help your eyes and timing and judgement to hit the ball? If the guy knows what to teach to the hitters so they can hit the ball in play he is a genius. Who cares if he took some juice when he was older to recover from injuries?

People who say that steroids help you hit 100 mph fastballs are idiots!

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    How do steroids help your eyes and timing and judgement to hit the ball? If the guy knows what to teach to the hitters so they can hit the ball in play he is a genius. Who cares if he took some juice when he was older to recover from injuries?

People who say that steroids help you hit 100 mph fastballs are idiots!
    The Cards' offense is not that great, you are giving way too much credit to Big Gay Mac.