BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Unloading on Rand Wolf on the road against the hottest team in baseball....GL.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rb3b3 View Post
    do you see any value in the alt run line brew - 1.5 +190?
    not really. If i was to bet the brewers then yeah thats probably the way i would go. I see it as better value then the ml though. If the brewers are on and hitting they will probably cover. Wolf is one of those pitchers who has had games where he is lights out and then those games where he looks like he cant make it through a inning. I am not betting baseball tonight as i dont see value in either game though, but best of luck to whatever you decide

toddorts
    toddorts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rb3b3 View Post
    do you see any value in the alt run line brew - 1.5 +190?
    Yep, definitely. I never play alt run lines, because I already spend too much time capping the ML, RL, and totals, but I took a quick look after your post, and I'd consider the alt run line at anything better than +150.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Cards barely hung on last night. Mil will dig deep tonight and pull out the win. Let's face it Wolf is so awful yet he is only +127 here? Line makes no sense. I look for a big game from Morgan and Braun. I like the cards story but mil only needs to win one road game to make the world series and that game is tonight with Cardinal killer Randy Wolf. Go Randy.

wtt0315

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Cards barely hung on last night. Mil will dig deep tonight and pull out the win. Let's face it Wolf is so awful yet he is only +127 here? Line makes no sense. I look for a big game from Morgan and Braun. I like the cards story but mil only needs to win one road game to make the world series and that game is tonight with Cardinal killer Randy Wolf. Go Randy.

wolf isnt really so bad.
    he actually pitched pretty well this year 13-10 with a 3.69 era. The problem is the 6-7 on the road. I wouldnt call him a cardinal killer this year.

really you are expecting a big game from morgan? really? please dont tell me thats why you are taking them
    he is 3/21 hitting 141 in the postseason.

also braun is 1-9 vs lohse this season

mtcook21
    mtcook21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wolf is 2-0, 1.12 ERA in 2 second half starts vs. Cards...

wtt0315

wolf is 1-1 actually he lost 8-3 on august 31st
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index...lnmlb_milmlb_1

he actually is 2-0 with a 1.13 era in his last 2 starts at busch

wtt0315

you also have to worry about his last start where arizona pounded him, but hey you never know. I don't want to talk people off their picks, i just putting some stuff out there for you guys.. gl though

BigDofBA

I'm not betting the game tonight but I think it's absurd to say the Cards barely hung on.

St. Louis never trailed and I don't think Milwaukee had a base runner at all the last three innings. I never felt St. Louis was in jeopardy of losing.

If anything, the Brewers were lucky they were only down on run. They kept pitching around Albert, walked him intentionally twice with runners on, but Holliday couldn't get a hit to break it open.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Tough call

justwinthisone
    justwinthisone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4980

i liked mil to win this series before it started but i think they really needed that game last night. wolf is having control issues right now, he better figure them out fast. he looked very bad last game and he even admitted he is having issues putting the ball where he wants it right now. if he does not get in trouble early mil should take it but if he starts out slow it could be a long painful game. gl with your play

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by toddorts View Post
    I never pay any attention to momentum in baseball betting. Momentum matters in hockey and football, but baseball is all about the stats regressing towards the mean. The Brewers have the slightly better hitting stats here, and the pitching is evenly matched. I agree with LTA above that this is pretty much a coin flip game. With a coin flip, I'm taking the dog when it's +125. It's all about value.
    What?? Are u serious pal?? Momentum in baseball is mammoth. You think teams go on 8-9-10 game winning streaks because of matchUP's?? You can't matchUP well w/ an opponent/situation 8-9-10 days in a row.
    And LTA wasn't referring to this game being a coin toss as in a PK. Pretty sure he meant coin toss w/ the line built in. I promise you if this game was a pk LTA (& everybody else) would be all over it as a multiple unit play.

BigDofBA

Lol. The Cardinals made the post-season bc of momentum.

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

I tend to agree here and do believe there is a momentum element, especially with regard to the bats. The Cardinals bats got shut down for 7 innings last night. One of the main reasons they did is because LaRussa continues to stubbornly bat Holliday clean up. He offers no protection for Pujols but Roenicke continues to not pitch around Pujols, makes no sense. The Cards have been winning despite Holliday in the 4 hole. He did get a couple of cheap hits in Milwaukee but face it, in his current health status, he is the batting equivalent of the prototypical weak hitting shortstop. I think LaRussa will have him back in cleanup tonight and the Brewers will finally give in and not give Pujols much to hit, put him on and let Holliday kill the rally. Lohse is due for a regression but you never know. The back end of the Cards bullpen all pitched last night....advantage Brewers.

I think the series goes 7 but it's the Brewers turn tonight.....BOL all.

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Awesome article on Yahoo today...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...ee_nlcs_101211

"Then Milwaukee started cruising and the Cards struggled, their nadir coming Aug. 24, when the Los Angeles Dodgers swept them in three days at Busch. Chris Carpenter, the pitcher who may best embody the stoicism that manager Tony La Russa preaches, stood up in front of his teammates and, amid the usual rah-rah chatter, said something so quaint and so unlikely, something that perhaps only a St. Louis Cardinal would say.

“Let’s do this for the fans,” Carpenter told them."

Just awe-inspiring, a team that plays the game the right way with the right attitude. You won't see Carpenter LOL'ing in the dugout when his team is about to lose a playoff game... Too much class.

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Haha, forgot all about this...

Turned out Nyjer Morgan, the Brewers’ chatty (and apparently illiterate) outfielder, was a tad premature with his early-September Twitter taunt: “Where still n 1st and I hope those crying birds injoy watching tha Crew in tha Playoffs!!!”

toddorts

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    What?? Are u serious pal?? Momentum in baseball is mammoth. You think teams go on 8-9-10 game winning streaks because of matchUP's?? You can't matchUP well w/ an opponent/situation 8-9-10 days in a row.
    You guys crack me up with this stuff. Teams can go on 10 game winning streaks for the same reason that bettors with a 58% long-term winning expectation sometimes go on 10-play winning streaks: simple math. It's been a while since I've been in school, but I'm pretty sure they teach probabilities and binomial distribution in junior high, so everyone here should be familiar. If you have a team that plays 10 games in a row, and they have a 70% chance of winning each game based on your capping, then that team will win all 10 games in a row nearly 3% of the time. In other words, not too often, but not unheard of, either. It's simple math. A team with only a 55% chance of winning will see the same 10-game winning streak far less, but they'll still see it 0.25% of the time. In other words, it still happens eventually, even when the matchups are all really close, and it has nothing to do with "momentum."

But you keep betting on "momentum," and I'll keep cashing my tickets.

chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post

God...when this idiot jjgold keeps bumping the thread up on a team...its usally a loss. LB you are doomed by jjgold.
    lol

BigDofBA

So you bet against St. Louis the past month and made money?

xfrozenx
    Carolina -1
    xfrozenx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7449

I'm going 5 units on the brew crew, looks like an amazing bet, going 3 units on Detroit

toddorts

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    So you bet against St. Louis the past month and made money?
    Yep. I'm 2-2 betting against the Cardinals this past month, up just slightly on those bets +0.07 units. I've bet with them more often than against them, though, and never was a bet based on "momentum."

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

GL LB. When you make a big play like this I stand up and take notice for better or worse. Lets hope the Brew Crew brings it tonight and ties this up.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GimpedMaster View Post
    Awesome article on Yahoo today...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...ee_nlcs_101211

"Then Milwaukee started cruising and the Cards struggled, their nadir coming Aug. 24, when the Los Angeles Dodgers swept them in three days at Busch. Chris Carpenter, the pitcher who may best embody the stoicism that manager Tony La Russa preaches, stood up in front of his teammates and, amid the usual rah-rah chatter, said something so quaint and so unlikely, something that perhaps only a St. Louis Cardinal would say.

“Let’s do this for the fans,” Carpenter told them."

Just awe-inspiring, a team that plays the game the right way with the right attitude. You won't see Carpenter LOL'ing in the dugout when his team is about to lose a playoff game... Too much class.
    LOL at Chris Carpenter, voted by MLB players as the 7th meanest player in baseball, having "too much class"

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

I was thinking about the same play...gl

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Air bet

Noone with a half a brain bets 10x on milwaukee ON THE ROAD.

goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3939

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Air bet

Noone with a half a brain bets 10x on milwaukee ON THE ROAD.
    You have been talking alot of shit lately for no reason

Tone it down or you will follow Illusion out the door

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Good luck. I'm not sure a dominant Randy Wolf start/expectation should ever be the baseline for a bet but Mil or no play here. Berkman out, Mil is gonna have to swing the bats though.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Quote Originally Posted by goldengreek View Post
    You have been talking alot of shit lately for no reason

Tone it down or you will follow Illusion out the door
    Not talking shit. I just know the Brewers will lose again and noone needs to lose any money on this game

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    LOL at Chris Carpenter, voted by MLB players as the 7th meanest player in baseball, having "too much class"
    That article is hilarious. Too bad they don't give reasons why.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...ontent.15.html

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Let's face it Wolf is so awful yet he is only +127 here? Line makes no sense.
    I don't understand this post. If anything, the line is higher than it should be. Cards were dogs entering the series, Wolf has dominated StL in the past, Lohse is the opposing pitcher (not exactly an ace himself) -- if anything, the +127 is high given the fact that the Brewers can't afford to go down 3-1.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Brewers
    Sharps in them
    Sharps are on them, yet the ML has gone from +105 to +131.

OK.

I'm not saying the Brewers are a bad play, but there's nothing really that supports it.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Sharps are on them, yet the ML has gone from +105 to +131. OK. I'm not saying the Brewers are a bad play, but there's nothing really that supports it.
    That +105 number from 5dimes is irrelevant. Why are you so fixated on it?

Riceboi
    Riceboi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Wolf was 3-2 against St. Louis this season, giving up 19 runs on 32 hits over five starts.

What you guys think on totals?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    That +105 number from 5dimes is irrelevant. Why are you so fixated on it?
    Why is it irrelevant? It was +105 at Bookmaker as well.

Regardless, even if you go by a different book like Pinny, the line has moved at least 10 cents in the Cardinals' direction.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Why is it irrelevant? It was +105 at Bookmaker as well. Regardless, even if you go by a different book like Pinny, the line has moved at least 10 cents in the Cardinals' direction.
    Right and 5 of those cents have been during Joe Public's time of the day. No coin, the brewers are going to get action before the first pitch. I say it closes at -135/+125.

First 12345 ... Last