Dirty Bay Player
    Dirty Bay Player's Avatar Become A Pro!

People with their lock picks on baseball are as dumb as it gets

Round ball, round batt, wind, errors, you name it - baseball has as many variables as it gets. The best teams don't even sniff winning 70% of the games. And all you jackasses that want to claim a single game is a lock? You're as dumb as it gets.

Take the Rangers backers. You've got everything riding on fairy tale visions of Hamilton, Beltre and Cruz starting to yank balls out of this big ballpark? And that is the angle that you're leaning on for this heavy bet? What other reason did you have behind this lock? That Porcello is the shits?

Hey, maybe the Rangers win. But this game is a coin toss at best.

It'd be nice to see people on this forum for once start offering some actual analysis behind their bets. Tired of seeing these breathless lock posts - which invariably rely strictly on a gut that an offensive club is going to catch fire. Might as well be playing three card monte with that guessing.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

this is why so many get buried betting MLB. I mean really, even the Astros are capable of sweeping a top team in a 3 game series. people are forcing bets because there's so little action, I have made only 4 ML wagers (and lost 3 of them) this entire post season, during the season I bet every day because you get a better chance to get a real angle.

I remember the Mets game where Jose Reyes only played to claim his batting title. He got his hit and asked to be taken out of the game.

No more than 2% of my bankroll goes into a baseball game

toddorts
    toddorts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, some of us do post analysis with our picks, but I get your point. The lock posts are ridiculous. There's no such thing as a lock in any sport, let alone baseball.

Dirty Bay Player
    Dirty Bay Player's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, for sure there are some good posters in here on all sports, so I shouldn't just throw that criticism towards everyone. But it's been so bad with baseball that I now only look at this forum AFTER I've made the pick, because I don't want my mind polluted with some retard's all-in analysis that basically consists of a complete whim.

Grinder12000
    Grinder12000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gotta agree - there is a reason they play 162 games - pretty much 50/50 every game! lock? LOL

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

it's really hard to bet big on a baseball game with confidence. lots of small hopeful bets.