No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I still can't get over Milwaukee +140

You have the better team with their ace throwing in a huge spot with a low total. Now granted, Gallardo's track record against St. Louis is awful and granted, Carp has been on fire for a while now. But still, +140? In a playoff game? For the better overall team? With a total of 7?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Mil- shit road team
    Carp- just won in philly in game 5 with a flawless outing
    Cards- just blew out the brewcrew in mil

What is the line supposed to be?

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

seems like your too wrapped up in price. you need to just pick a winner, then decide whether the price is right. took the cards -148, not crazy about the juice but I like the side.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

I have the cards set at -141, so I dont think vegas is too far off on this one....

You may be overvaluing the brewers in this series. In reality, despite the brewers having the better record, these two teams match up pretty equally in a series. Carp is the better pitcher...not by a ton, but he has the overall edge in advanced stats...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Mil- shit road team
    Carp- just won in philly in game 5 with a flawless outing
    Cards- just blew out the brewcrew in mil

What is the line supposed to be?
    I figured it'd be about +125 -- especially with a low total.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's what I said about Texas last night @ +126... Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd we all know what happened. DAMN YOU DOUG FISTER! *clenching fists as camera pans away*

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I guess technically it opened at +120/-140 at 5Dimes.

Brewers weren't a shit road team down the stretch of the season were they LB?

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I guess technically it opened at +120/-140 at 5dimes.

Brewers weren't a shit road team down the stretch of the season were they LB?

not that story again. they didnt beat anyone good on the road down the stretch either. they were busy beating up on the pits/mets and astros of the world. they lost the road games so far in the playoffs. anyways i am taking mil tonight.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

not that story again. they didnt beat anyone good on the road down the stretch either. they were busy beating up on the pits/mets and astros of the world. they lost the road games so far in the playoffs. anyways i am taking mil tonight.
    And the Cardinals were beating who exactly? I'd understand your argument if Milwaukee was facing some monstrous opponent tonight on the road, but they aren't.

I'm just not sold on this Cardinals resurrection. The Brewers are still the better team in this series, they have a better lineup, and the pitching is relatively equal tonight. +140 is absurd.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I'm a Cards fan but I dint feel great about them winning tonight.

I'm shocked that they're juiced so much against Milwaukee.

Do people think Carpenter is going to replicate what he did in Philly? I don't.

No bet on the game for me. I'm just going to root on St. Louis.

Love The Action

And the Cardinals were beating who exactly? I'd understand your argument if Milwaukee was facing some monstrous opponent tonight on the road, but they aren't.

I'm just not sold on this Cardinals resurrection. The Brewers are still the better team in this series, they have a better lineup, and the pitching is relatively equal tonight. +140 is absurd.
    If you view +140 as absurd, why aren't you making a big play?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Do people think Carpenter is going to replicate what he did in Philly? I don't.
    There's a big difference between Philly's lineup and Milwaukee's. Mainly Gallardo's track record vs. StL is still a tripping point.

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    If you view +140 as absurd, why aren't you making a big play?
    I'm thinking about it.

BigDofBA

And the Cardinals were beating who exactly? I'd
    In the final month the Cardinals swept Atlanta, took 3 of 4 in Philly beating Halladay and Lee, and they also took 3 of 4 from the Brewers.

So 10 of their wins in the final month were against top NL teams.

lakerboy

The cards won 3 of 4 in philly. 5 of 6 versus mil. 3 of 3 in atl. and 2 out of 3 versus the amazing cubs who were one of the better late season teams. i dont know what else to tell you. i am taking the brewers myself.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

The cards won 3 of 4 in philly. 5 of 6 versus mil. 3 of 3 in atl. and 2 out of 3 versus the amazing cubs who were one of the better late season teams. i dont know what else to tell you. i am taking the brewers myself.
    So why would you take Milwaukee tonight?

lakerboy

So why would you take Milwaukee tonight?

Because I think Mil has some value at +140 and i dont think carp can do what he did last game again. Mil has some guys who do well in St louis. I cant wait to hammer Randy Wolf. He runs shit in st louis.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Because I think Mil has some value at +140 and i dont think carp can do what he did last game again. Mil has some guys who do well in St louis. I cant wait to hammer Randy Wolf. He runs shit in st louis.
    So we agree.

lakerboy

So we agree.

yes. i was just giving you the reasons on the line thats all.

BigDofBA

Anyway, I have a feeling the Cards win two out of three in St. Louis and the Brewers win game 6&7 at home.

Brewers in 7. They are too good at home to lose a deciding game there.

Cards must win all 3 gms in St. Louis IMO and I think they lose at least one.

This is why homefield is so important.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

yes. i was just giving you the reasons on the line thats all.
    OK. I still think it should be around +125, but since that's where it started basically, I'll say I'm splitting hairs and leave it at that.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

No coin, i am on st. louis. Simply a gut play for me but if you are torn on this one there is no reason to pass up the value. Milwaukee with Gallardo at +140 doesn't come around often.

toddorts
    toddorts's Avatar Become A Pro!

You have the better team with their ace throwing in a huge spot with a low total. Now granted, Gallardo's track record against St. Louis is awful and granted, Carp has been on fire for a while now. But still, +140? In a playoff game? For the better overall team? With a total of 7?

I agree with you. I took the RL on the Cards, because I think there's better value there, but I think you're absolutely right that the Brewers at +140 is ridiculously priced. The Cards are the likely winner, but they aren't that likely. I calculated my own line at +124 for the Brewers. I could take either the Cards RL or the Brewers ML. Both have good value, I just see a bit more value with the RL.

Quote Originally Posted by og4667 View Post
    seems like your too wrapped up in price. you need to just pick a winner, then decide whether the price is right. took the cards -148, not crazy about the juice but I like the side.
    Um, no. Even in the most lopsided of matchups in baseball, the favorite is still only going to win about 75% of the time. And those are really rare. Most matchups fall in the 53-60% range. Betting baseball is all about finding value. I may think that the Yankees are going to win a game, but I'll also figure out what the probability of them winning is, and that's how I set my own line. If the opposing team is getting better odds than my line indicates that they should be getting, then I'll bet on the team that I think isn't the likely winner. Over the long haul, that is how you make money. Just trying to pick winners and only betting when your projected winner is at a good price will still make you money, but your total profit will be much less over time, because you're passing on lots of dogs that you should be taking because of their value.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by toddorts View Post
    Um, no. Even in the most lopsided of matchups in baseball, the favorite is still only going to win about 75% of the time. And those are really rare. Most matchups fall in the 53-60% range. Betting baseball is all about finding value. I may think that the Yankees are going to win a game, but I'll also figure out what the probability of them winning is, and that's how I set my own line. If the opposing team is getting better odds than my line indicates that they should be getting, then I'll bet on the team that I think isn't the likely winner. Over the long haul, that is how you make money. Just trying to pick winners and only betting when your projected winner is at a good price will still make you money, but your total profit will be much less over time, because you're passing on lots of dogs that you should be taking because of their value.
    Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner....great post!

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Chase Cards to win at least one game at home. Brewers are fantastic at home but when it comes to road, they sux. serious difference between home and away records.

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

save your money, cards win tonight.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

If the Cards are such a great play, why is their TT only 3.5 (-108/-108) at Pinny?

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

To the guys who responded to the OP: You are talking to a delusional, paranoid dummy. Try reasoning with him is impossible.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

This is one of those games where St Louis chokes big time.

Ace on the mound, bats are hot...just when the cards have you believing they sh-t the bed

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Pew Pew View Post
    To the guys who responded to the OP: You are talking to a delusional, paranoid dummy. Try reasoning with him is impossible.
    So why open the thread?

I agree lunch -- don't know how many times the Cards have burned me in a big spot at home, and this is as big as it gets for them.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    This is one of those games where St Louis chokes big time.

Ace on the mound, bats are hot...just when the cards have you believing they sh-t the bed
    Yesterday you said Detroit was going to mail it in and Fister was going to get rocked.

mrlegend28
    mrlegend28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 440

75% on St.Louis and the line isnt moving much. I'll take Milwaukee +

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Yesterday you said Detroit was going to mail it in and Fister was going to get rocked.
    Well today is a new day. Congrats if you had the Tigers

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by mrlegend28 View Post
    75% on St.Louis and the line isnt moving much. I'll take Milwaukee +
    The line jumped 8 cents at open -- I'd say that's pretty significant.

Love The Action

I guess you figured out why they were +140...Gallardo got lit up first inning...

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

brewers aren't the better team. This series is over

12 Last