bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kenny Rogers to start the All-Star game ?

reports are saying that Rogers will start over Contreras in the all-star game.

you know i really don't have a problem with rogers getting the start at all. although, i do have a problem with the way ozzie gullien is making it look so obvious as to why he's letting rogers the start. he basicly said contreras is in need of a well deserved day off.

well hell ya he's gonna say that though. i mean wouldn't you want the team thats leading the division to pitch a meaningless game too in order to screw up tigers rotation.

think about it though... who would you rather start. a guy who has won his last 17 starts, or kenny rogers who has earned the right to pitch the game, but the stats on contreras are a little better ??

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4543

He wants Kenny Rogers to get extra throws on his arm, for the stretch run in the second half. As he is keeping his Ace fresh for the second half.

Even though I dont like Ozzie, thats a smart move on his part. Granted, its only a handful of pitches, but pitches on that old arm it is.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

even though it's a dirty thing to do. it's a smart manager who would take advantage of situation like that.