No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

As a Tiger fan, I wouldn't advise playing them tonight

Just don't like this spot at all. Rangers have seen Fister plenty from his playing days in Seattle. I know the Tigers are in desperation mode, but they're not in good form offensively. Cabrera and V-Mart are struggling, Avila's banged up, Jackson's swinging at everything, Delmon shouldn't even be out there, etc.

Lewis, for whatever reason, turns into a beast in the postseason. Pressure's on Detroit down 0-2 and I think he'll come out relaxed with the best offense in baseball behind him. Tigers have buried him in the past, but he's a different guy for whatever reason this time of year.

I think the line dipped to reflect a more proper price on the game tonight. It's much closer to a toss-up than people may think. Call me an insecure, pessimistic fan if you will -- I just don't see any value in taking Detroit tonight. Don't think you're getting a "bargain" by taking them at -125.

Just my take. I could be dead wrong.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Do you ever bet against your team?

There were times this year when I just knew the Cardinals were going to lose but I couldn't bring myself to bet against them.

It seemed like they lost 90% of those games too. I dint really know how to explain it. Sometimes you just have a feel for your team.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

You are an insecure, pessimistic fan.

Dont worry so much. Tigers have five lefties in the lineup tonight against a guy whose platoon splits reveal a FIP over 5 and xFIP over 4.5 against lefties. Lewis' postseason success has no bearing on tonight's game because he was not facing this lineup. Against these guys, he has gotten lit up like a xmas tree. Check this line out...in 26 innings against the tigers in the last 2 seasons, Lewis has given up 23 earned runs, whereas Fister has given up 14 earned runs in 33 innings against the rangers in that same period. Tigers are the play tonight....

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Do you ever bet against your team?

There were times this year when I just knew the Cardinals were going to lose but I couldn't bring myself to bet against them.

It seemed like they lost 90% of those games too. I dint really know how to explain it. Sometimes you just have a feel for your team.
    Sure I do. I cashed pretty big against Verlander in Game 1. I hit more than I miss, but I'm not perfect.

I just don't have a good feeling about this one. Hope I'm wrong.

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Just don't like this spot at all. Rangers have seen Fister plenty from his playing days in Seattle. I know the Tigers are in desperation mode, but they're not in good form offensively. Cabrera and V-Mart are struggling, Avila's banged up, Jackson's swinging at everything, Delmon shouldn't even be out there, etc.

Lewis, for whatever reason, turns into a beast in the postseason. Pressure's on Detroit down 0-2 and I think he'll come out relaxed with the best offense in baseball behind him. Tigers have buried him in the past, but he's a different guy for whatever reason this time of year.

I think the line dipped to reflect a more proper price on the game tonight. It's much closer to a toss-up than people may think. Call me an insecure, pessimistic fan if you will -- I just don't see any value in taking Detroit tonight. Don't think you're getting a "bargain" by taking them at -125.

I agree NC, I see this game closer to a toss-up for many of the reasons you stated above. Avila has to be spent, Texas getting fresh legs behind the plate, and a pesky hitter/defender (Chavez) for the fly ball pitcher. I have been very impressed with Fister this 2nd half but he has not been sharp in the playoffs...he got away with a lot of bad pitches against the Yanks.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post

Dont worry so much. Tigers have five lefties in the lineup tonight against a guy whose platoon splits reveal a FIP over 5 and xFIP over 4.5 against lefties. Lewis' postseason success has no bearing on tonight's game because he was not facing this lineup. Against these guys, he has gotten lit up like a xmas tree. Check this line out...in 26 innings against the tigers in the last 2 seasons, Lewis has given up 23 earned runs, whereas Fister has given up 14 earned runs in 33 innings against the rangers in that same period. Tigers are the play tonight....
    I know all the stats LTA. I've seen Lewis pitch against Detroit. This isn't the same DET lineup. Like I said, their sluggers are struggling and a lot of guys are really banged up. Tigers are limping badly right now. Jackson's hit a wall. Avila can barely walk. Delmon deserves credit for giving it a go, but he's hurting badly. I haven't seen Cabrera or V-Mart come through with a clutch hit yet in the playoffs.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Redscot View Post
    I agree NC, I see this game closer to a toss-up for many of the reasons you stated above. Avila has to be spent, Texas getting fresh legs behind the plate, and a pesky hitter/defender (Chavez) for the fly ball pitcher. I have been very impressed with Fister this 2nd half but he has not been sharp in the playoffs...he got away with a lot of bad pitches against the Yanks.
    Fister mowed down a lot of second-rate lineups down the stretch. This is the best team in baseball offensively. Plus, they can go small-ball if they have to -- something Detroit is incapable of.

I'm not saying Texas should be a huge play or anything tonight -- I'd just be careful chasing Detroit. I might put a unit or two on the Rangers and hope my Tigs prove me wrong.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Thanks for the input No Coin. I like Texas too. I heard Delmon Young has been scratched from the lineup too

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Delmon's officially out tonight.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post
    Thanks for the input No Coin. I like Texas too. I heard Delmon Young has been scratched from the lineup too
    I'm not guaranteeing anything, PAYTON. No "locks" for me.

Just saying take it easy if you think Detroit is a shoo-in. Caveat emptor.

Love The Action

Delmon's officially out tonight.
    That's a good thing...it gets a healthy lefty in dirks in the lineup....

All this tigers angst...i wonder if you would be saying the same thing had it been the tigers that hit the winning grand slam yesterday...?

Redscot

All this tigers angst...i wonder if you would be saying the same thing had it been the tigers that hit the winning grand slam yesterday...?
    Agreed on this point. The Delmon Young bit....

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Well that admittedly changed quite a bit in this series. Tigers would be returning home with a lot of momentum. Contrary to popular belief, I don't necessarily think teams are better plays down 0-2 vs. 1-1 in their first game back at home, especially given their struggles at the plate and no off day. That was a pretty deflating loss LTA.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not to mention someone who can actually chase down a fly ball

xfrozenx
    Carolina -1
    xfrozenx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7449

This is going to be a good game, something is telling me Texas myself. It scares me, this whole game scares me. Just 1 example stats wise:

vs Detroit
    W-L ERA G IP H ER BB SO
    2011 0-1 15.95 2 7.1 20 13 4 6
    Career 2-2 7.48 5 27.2 40 23 11 26

That's colby lewis Vs Detroit as you can see 7 ip 15.95 era and if Detroit doesn't win this game, they're done. I am picking Texas because it's a gut feeling but only doing 1 unit. Best of luck to whatever you choose, but if this was my team I would def. go with them tonight because the game can go either way.

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Colby Lewis=average Tigers bats are just as good as Texas if you dont count lack of Homeruns and hits with RISP lol. Anyways, no money on game but GO TIGERS.

Redscot

Very good points LTA, especially those Lefty splits. Lewis has been unlucky too against Detroit this year they have like a .500 babip against him in 2 games. Having a hard time betting either way on this one myself......I have a Texas TT 3.5 available but major juice..
    Last edited by Redscot; 10-11-11 at 05:17 PM.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Redscot View Post
    I have a Texas TT 3.5 available but major juice..
    Can you get a 4 at plus money? I can, and I'm thinking about doing it.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

You can get the Tigers at -122 at Pinny now.

Redscot

Can you get a 4 at plus money? I can, and I'm thinking about doing it.
    No, my local is pretty limited.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

i really don't see how your a detroit fan. you don't live here. every thread you ever make dealing with detroit is about how you wouldn't bet them. you've done it several times with the lions and tigers already. the sharp play doesn't always win that's why the bears got their asses handed to them last night, and then you create a thread right after that says 49ers are the play next week, and you consider yourself a lions fan?

seems like to me, while you are trying to make money, you wouldn't mind your "home" team losing. That's not a fan. It's someone who knows the team well. You could know detroit teams well, but everyone knows that you are no detroit fan like LT said

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    i really don't see how your a detroit fan. you don't live here. every thread you ever make dealing with detroit is about how you wouldn't bet them. you've done it several times with the lions and tigers already. the sharp play doesn't always win that's why the bears got their asses handed to them last night, and then you create a thread right after that says 49ers are the play next week, and you consider yourself a lions fan?

seems like to me, while you are trying to make money, you wouldn't mind your "home" team losing. That's not a fan. It's someone who knows the team well.
    I can't believe you have the gall to even show up in one of my threads, or on this board anymore period. Do I need to provide a blow-by-blow from your recent plays? Because I will.

How was Chicago a "sharp" play last night? According to what? Line movement? No. Public betting? No. You even advised taking them, did you not? Does that mean you aren't a Detroit fan either?

To suggest that I wouldn't mind Detroit losing just because I don't live in the D anymore is asinine. Then again, you are an obvious sociopath, so the fact that you've completely misinterpreted my posts and assumed something totally false doesn't surprise me at all. After all, that's what you do best -- swing and miss. Thanks for playing though, Goat Mush.

MR PROFIT
    Update your status
    MR PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thats why he's not out there tonight: the Tigers' medical staff deemed that Young was not fit to play, due to his oblique injury. Young did play on Monday, but he went 0 for 4 and struggled defensively in Monday nights game!! So he is no help at this time,maybe for the best that he was scratched!!

Gl to all tonight

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by MR PROFIT View Post
    Thats why he's not out there tonight: the Tigers' medical staff deemed that Young was not fit to play, due to his oblique injury. Young did play on Monday, but he went 0 for 4 and struggled defensively in Monday nights game!! So he is no help at this time,maybe for the best that he was scratched!!

Gl to all tonight
    Delmon actually hit the ball pretty well yesterday, but he was obviously useless defensively.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

My plays tonight:

TEX +123 (Bodog) (2U)
    TEX TT over 4 (2U)
    TEX/DET over 8.5 (1U)

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Love th3 plays.

Detroit knows its over, they'll mail it in tonight.

plus...Dirks is playing for Delmon Young, and I'm sure we'll see Brandon Cringe at some point.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Love th3 plays.

plus...Dirks is playing for Delmon Young, and I'm sure we'll see Brandon Cringe at some point.
    Omg...playing Dirks is a GOOD thing for detroit...Lewis sucks against lefties...

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I like the Tigers and rooted like heck for them against the Yankees.

I just feel like Texas is too good.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on Texas here too.

Ineed$$
    Ineed$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

My plays tonight:

TEX +123 (Bodog) (2U)
    Got them @ +117 on a parlay with Penguins, Argentina and Ivo Karlovic

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

You know, there are about 8 or so baseball people whose opinion I trust, 6 of them all like the Tigers.
    I just don't see it, am I missing something, but I agree, Texas hits Fister, granted Detroit hits Lewis, but Texas tonight is playing with house money, I will try them + money small.

JamesBrown
    JamesBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

I really do believe Texas wins tonight, NC. I may regret putting a dime on them, but we'll see....BOL!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBrown View Post
    I really do believe Texas wins tonight, NC. I may regret putting a dime on them, but we'll see....BOL!

Good luck....

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Love th3 plays.

Detroit mails it in down 2 games in a 7 game series when they have 3 straight at home? Youre not actually that stupid, right?

cowboyfan08
    cowboyfan08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Tigers get back to killing baseball tonite!!!!!!!!!!!!im tiger fan and we get it done tonite.matter of fact we win next 3!

12 Last