Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who's 'REALLY' to blame for Yankee collapse?... (the FANS & the GM) ••>

1) The FANS: Cliff Lee probably woulda signed with the yanks..
    except that Lee's wife was adamant that they not come to NY..
    (classless Yankee fans we're spitting on her, tossing beer, and expletives During ALCS last year)
    honestly, who would want to play here, and feel like a whore... after that???

2) GM Brian Cashman: did nothing.. except dangle the most $$$$$$ than other teams
    (i guess that's what you do when you have no charm, and a lot of dough)

"the MONEY is right here, big boy... just Sign Right There"

the quality of life at $120M and $150M is the same.

Lee + Nova woulda won that series. Yankees will attract NO ACES during off-season.
    (and if you think so, it is part of the problem i am talking about)

People don't want to come to NY anymore. They see the pathology, how dead it is...
    even if you win, it was BOUGHT, not made.

But that is what the Yankees are essentially.. no charm or chemistry.. not a TEAM, but a All-Star
    "Grand Slam Homerun" hitting machine that loves to run up the score.. when the other team is down..

and then lose by a single run in a deciding game...

WIN BY 10.. lose by 1.. Go Yankees..

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

This thread should be in players' talk.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Or in the trash bin....

wade1
    wade1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Same could be said for Phillies

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Red Sox were home drinking first, they won

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

I blame all these poster that made the lock threads

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

Phillies lose tonight.. Halliday needs a real holiday early.. Lets go cardinals!!!!

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

having to spend way more than market value on the resigning of jeter. having the left side of your infield made up of guys over 35 is not good.

the hitting failed them in this series not the pitching.

Ratzz

Yanks in a LOT of trouble.
    Arod. 6 more yrs.
    Texeira 5
    CC 4 more...

Phils NO Guarantee. i hope they win it.
    just because i am fan, not delusional.

Yanks fans wear "most expensive team" as a badge of honor.
    i feel it is a burden.

Phils not cheap.. but needed to get as many aces as possible.
    Pitching beats batting. Game 5 last night PROVED that

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

really winning the end of the season tournament does not make the team the best team in baseball. the best teams have the best record after 162 games and not a team that can win 3 of 5 or 4 of 7.

the bigger sample size indicates the best teams.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    really winning the end of the season tournament does not make the team the best team in baseball. the best teams have the best record after 162 games and not a team that can win 3 of 5 or 4 of 7.

i think you're right... but people only remember the Series champ...

this is true in every sport... best not to blow load in Reg. Sea.

hold it for playoffs...

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32267

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    1) The FANS: Cliff Lee probably woulda signed with the yanks..
    except that Lee's wife was adamant that they not come to NY..
    (classless Yankee fans we're spitting on her, tossing beer, and expletives During ALCS last year)
    honestly, who would want to play here, and feel like a whore... after that???

2) GM Brian Cashman: did nothing.. except dangle the most $$$$$$ than other teams
    (i guess that's what you do when you have no charm, and a lot of dough)

"the MONEY is right here, big boy... just Sign Right There"

the quality of life at $120M and $150M is the same.
    Lee + Nova woulda won that series. Yankees will attract NO ACES during off-season.
    (and if you think so, it is part of the problem i am talking about)

People don't want to come to NY anymore. They see the pathology, how dead it is...
    even if you win, it was BOUGHT, not made.

But that is what the Yankees are essentially.. no charm or chemistry.. not a TEAM, but a All-Star
    "Grand Slam Homerun" hitting machine that loves to run up the score.. when the other team is down..

and then lose by a single run in a deciding game...

WIN BY 10.. lose by 1.. Go Yankees..
    1) Cliff Lee wanted to play for the Phillies, real bad.
    That wife story is blown way out of proportion

2) Cashman did a pretty good job, he never wanted Soriano, he got more than what he paid for out of Garcia, Martin's bat faded at the end, got him dirt cheap, won some ball games in May and June with the stick, was beyond solid behind the plate all year, calls a game better than most.

3) Yankees spotted the Phillies the first 2 games of the WS 2 years ago, before they decided to make them their bitches.

4) This is what I want to happen.
    I want Pujols to take Halladay deep in the first inning tonight.
    Then I want him to take him deep again in the third.
    Then, down 7-0 after 3 innings, I want that overrated PoS manager Manuel to bring in the PoS Philly bullpen, and watch those clowns get lit up by the rest of the Card lineup.
    Then I want to watch the Cardinals do a victory dance on that new dump of a stadium of yours.

Then on Sunday, I want to see the Bills defense sit down Vick like 9 times, and watch them beat the so called Dream Team 56-0, to end all doubts will the Eagles make the playoffs.

76'ers blow monkey chunks, Flyers suck ass, Philly will remain a loser town, with loser fans.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

i put the failed season on arod and no one else. dude is paid gross amounts to produce in the heart of the order. time and time again he chokes (not only in the playoffs)

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    1) Cliff Lee wanted to play for the Phillies, real bad.
    That wife story is blown way out of proportion

2) Cashman did a pretty good job, he never wanted Soriano, he got more than what he paid for out of Garcia, Martin's bat faded at the end, got him dirt cheap, won some ball games in May and June with the stick, was beyond solid behind the plate all year, calls a game better than most.

3) Yankees spotted the Phillies the first 2 games of the WS 2 years ago, before they decided to make them their bitches.

4) This is what I want to happen.
    Then, down 7-0 after 3 innings, I want that overrated PoS manager Manuel to bring in the PoS Philly bullpen, and watch those clowns get lit up by the rest of the Card lineup.
    Then I want to watch the Cardinals do a victory dance on that new dump of a stadium of yours.

Then on Sunday, I want to see the Bills defense sit down Vick like 9 times, and watch them beat the so called Dream Team 56-0, to end all doubts will the Eagles make the playoffs.

76'ers blow monkey chunks, Flyers suck ass, Philly will remain a loser town, with loser fans.
    Sorry that you are gonna have such a disappointing weekend

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    1) This is what I want to happen.

lol.. i can see that you are a man that enjoys 3rd place finish.. and 4th place finish ..
    and then likes to show it off.

i now can understand your zeal and love for the Yankees with greater clarity.
    Attached Images  

stevenash

Philly fans make me puke.
    They do something right maybe once a decade, yet they think their shit don't stink.

stevenash

lol.. i can see that you are a man that enjoys 3rd place finish.. and 4th place finish ..
    and then likes to show it off.

i now can understand your zeal and love for the Yankees with greater clarity.
    They gave me these badges, like I give a crap about that.

KingTout
    KingTout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2389

The Yankees didn't collapse. They ran into a good team that had playing really well over the last couple of months. In a five game series with two good teams, anything can happen. You could point to a multitude of small things just in game five that could have easily changed the outcome of the series. If Jeter's flyout to right goes a couple feet farther, then we're not talking about a Yankees collapse. If Posada's single to center in the 4th is hit just a bit softer so that ARod could have scored, then maybe we're not talking about a Yankees collapse. It seemed like the Yankees pitchers made a lot of pitches that just missed the corner of the strike zone, while the Tiger's pitchers did a lot better with getting called strikes on the corner. Change a few of those calls, and we're probably not talking about a Yankees collapse.

JVP3122
    JVP3122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    i put the failed season on arod and no one else. dude is paid gross amounts to produce in the heart of the order. time and time again he chokes (not only in the playoffs)
    Yeah, because he's the only one who didn't come through last night.

Jedi Mind Picks
    Jedi Mind Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Sorry that you are gonna have such a disappointing weekend
    HHHMMMMMM.......

Jedi Mind Picks
    Jedi Mind Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Yanks in a LOT of trouble. Arod. 6 more yrs. Texeira 5 CC 4 more... Phils NO Guarantee. i hope they win it. just because i am fan, not delusional. Yanks fans wear "most expensive team" as a badge of honor. i feel it is a burden. Phils not cheap.. but needed to get as many aces as possible. Pitching beats batting. Game 5 last night PROVED that
    1-0.... so much for all that pitching...cant score 1 run to save your season... or even 1 run at all!!!
    Can I still come to the parade?

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Mind Picks View Post
    HHHMMMMMM.......
    I got a 50 dollar fade Philly parlay going on.

Cards + 160
    Bills +3

BuckeyeT
    BuckeyeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post

Last time i checked they don't give the championship to the team who has the best record after 162 games.

beg154860
    beg154860's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1138

Yankees weren't even expected to do all that much you freaking idiot and still managed the best record in the AL. The only team that actually "collapsed" was the Boston Red Sox. Please also explain this "collapse" theory because It's my opinion that it's hard to trace an actual collapse to a team that has 27 world championships, more than any other team in any other sport in the history of the entire fuucking world. The collapse of their franchise? Won the WS two years ago you bum. Keep hating on the best, it turns you out a real winner.

beg154860
    beg154860's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1138

Philadelphia, a close second to Detroit in the race for "America's Trashiest City." Although Philly does have great sandwiches and a rich history, and Detroit still makes the shittiest cars in the world. So not to close.
    Last edited by beg154860; 10-08-11 at 10:25 AM.