linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

Verly has gotten run support out the ass all season. I've taken several beatings this season betting against him in what I thought were good spots because Detroit's offense backs him with a pile of runs in what seems like every outing. It's hard to go against him. Especially at home. I don't think I can back CC and the Yankee bats in this spot. I may pass on this game.

rnunez91
    rnunez91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4981

Quote Originally Posted by toddorts View Post
    It's not all about him. Yes, he's an incredible pitcher, but he can't make up for the fact that the Tigers just don't have near the hitting that the Yankees do. Verlander can suppress their runs, but he can't hold them back enough to win this game for the Tigers enough of the time to make the -130 line make sense. All Verlander can do is make it an even match.
    you my friend obviously dont know baseball... Mostly all season detroit had 4 guys batting over 300. detroits lineup is BEAST my friend.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

im hoping the yankees get down early and live bet them

rnunez91
    rnunez91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4981

Hey coin and paco, These kids on this forum obviously know nothing about detroit.. I know you love detroit paco, im on your side buddy. Ive been following detroit since mid season. detroit has THE best 4-5-6 hitters in the mlb. Cabrera(who won the batting title this year), Victor martinez(Who had an above 300 avg in regular season) and avila who made the allstar starting roster. We even still have 2 respect ordonez who use 2 be one of the best baseball players out there... Come on now.. If you dont know who detroit is dont come on this forum talking how the yankees are 3x the team detroit is, or how offensively the yankees are the best.. Man i live in ny, Truthfully you HAVE 2 make 27 outs on the yankees 2 successfuly say the game is over because of there offensive power. But the yankees DO not hit... They usually win there games off homeruns. And comerica park isnt the same ballpark as yankee stadium. Those homeruns will be regular fly balls....

adamo1018
    adamo1018's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 248

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgetsback View Post
    Anyways.

Verlander didn't have any command and his fastball was topping out around 93. Not exactly mid season form, when he was touching 98 with a fukkin red dot sight. If he comes out anything like this the Yanks get to him early and often.
    Well if you know anything, then you know Verlander starts out every game at 93 then slowly gets to 100 around the 100th pitch. And that's just when he's getting loose baby! You are severely misinformed. He does it purposely, that's how he's able to throw 130 pitches in a game.

toddorts
    toddorts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rnunez91 View Post
    you my friend obviously dont know baseball
    My bankroll would disagree with you.

adamo1018

Trust me, I'll give you points if he doesn't touch 100 tonight. That's about the only lock of the night. :-)

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

CC is 6-0 with this umpire behind the plate 2night..just saying

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Straight up VERLANDER wants this game more then CC

dontbuythehook
    dontbuythehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakerboy.

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="teamCell"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="evenRow"><td class="dateCell">
    Yanks +122 $1750.00 to win $2135.00

edit: copy pasting created a spam error ;o
    </td><td class="idCell">
    </td><td class="pickCell">
    </td></tr></tbody></table></td><td class="selectCell">
    </td><td class="selectCell">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

Dirty Bay Player
    Dirty Bay Player's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love how Detroit is somehow the "dark horse" despite having a stacked lineup and arguably the best pitcher in baseball (in a short series). However the chips land, I don't see how an argument can be made against Detroit being an exceptional value in this game. -120 for one of the best pitchers in baseball, at home, with a stacked offensive lineup? Worth a look. I'm on it big. And I also took Detroit in a futures bet to win it all before the season started (+2000). I know that SBR weenies get all bent out of shape about people not posting their picks before the games start, but I'm not trying to put myself up on any pedestal here or claim to be a good picker. Just sayin I like Detroit in this spot. GL all.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

BettingWizard

Line is now Yankees +110

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    Line is now Yankees +110
    Not much off a drop though. Does line movement much in this type of game? RRL went from +200 to +180 as well. Only thing that bothers me is no hook on yanks tt of 3.

lakerboy

Yanks series price has went from -108 to -119 from this morning.

BettingWizard

not often you get RLM for the yankees

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Line drop is due to the public betting the Yankees. Don't put too much in to it. If Verlander is lights out tonight the Tigers line up will score the runs to win this game.

BettingWizard

pub is on the tigers

lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME
    lemart5's Avatar Become A Pro!

I keep telling you guys Tigers will win big as hell tonight

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Its hard for me to bet against verlander at home, but coming back on short rest Its hard to figure what he would be. And I doubt the yanks are just going to lay down, and go down in the series 1-2.

adamo1018

This is so big for tigers. I got a dime on it. Let's fukkin do it!!!!! IM FUKIN FIRED UPPPPPP!!!! COME ON!

lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME
    lemart5's Avatar Become A Pro!

$3000 on Tigers -1.5 -2 -2.5 Tigers are so fuking juicy in this spot they appeal to my greedy ways.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post
    Straight up VERLANDER wants this game more then CC
    based off of what?

you know both pitchers and they told you that?

dontbuythehook
    dontbuythehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    based off of what?

AHAHAHAH I think he's just saying that he (Collegeboy) wants it more than CC cuz he lost his shirt this year and he needs the money

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgetsback View Post
    Anyways. Verlander didn't have any command and his fastball was topping out around 93. Not exactly mid season form, when he was touching 98 with a fukkin red dot sight. If he comes out anything like this the Yanks get to him early and often.
    Verlander's velocity gets better as the game goes on. That's just how he pitches he will hit 98-100 mph on his FB in 7th inning 100 pitches in. I like the Tigers but that shouldn't be a surprise. CC has lost his last 3 starts in Detroit giving up 4,6,4. If Tigers score 3 or more they win this game like they have been doing all year when Verlander pitches. In Verlanders 5 losses this year the Tigers scored a combined 5 runs. Sabathia will have to be lights out for Yanks to win.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    based off of what?

yea man I no both the pitchers on a first name basis

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Lb, have u ever bet on Verlander this season? I don't recall.

SOUP
    One game at a Time.
    SOUP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1803

Should be a close game I like the Under of 7 runs in this one.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Lb, have u ever bet on Verlander this season? I don't recall.
    I have only bet 1 game with him this season when I took the tribe for that big loss. He was off that day but det got a lucky win. No other bets on his games that I can recall. Most times he was only playable on the rl. I don't lay -200.

Pac not sure if you answered yet. How much on the tigers tonight for you pal?

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I have only bet 1 game with him this season when I took the tribe for that big loss. He was off that day but det got a lucky win. No other bets on his games that I can recall. Most times he was only playable on the rl. I don't lay -200.

Pac not sure if you answered yet. How much on the tigers tonight for you pal?
    Cool. I played em for 3bills.

GL pal, should b a good game. Driving out to downtown to watch the game At the bar.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave paco 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by dontbuythehook View Post
    AHAHAHAH I think he's just saying that he (Collegeboy) wants it more than CC cuz he lost his shirt this year and he needs the money
    Who the hell are you? Come find me when College Basketball Season starts OVER UNDERs are what I specialize in in College Basketball

moo3885
    moo3885's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Its hard for me to bet against verlander at home, but coming back on short rest Its hard to figure what he would be. And I doubt the yanks are just going to lay down, and go down in the series 1-2.
    Mike and Mike in the morning said the first inning "was a bull pen seesion for Verlander" because the kid he goes DEEEEP, CC was the one that had to get out of a jam in the first, is old and not pitching as well which I think will take its toll on him on top of the fact that the Tigers can light him up and have him at a 4.4 ERA.

I don't think CC will play that bad because it'll determine his new contract and show whether or not he can still play. I was on the sidelines, but I'm laying some more on the Tigers to cover my parlay of Tigers and Under 7.

GL to all, the stats don't lie... Tigers are the clear choice, but it's a playoff game so anything can happen...

moo3885
    moo3885's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Mike and Mike in the morning said the first inning "was a bull pen seesion for Verlander" because the kid he goes DEEEEP, CC was the one that had to get out of a jam in the first, is old and not pitching as well which I think will take its toll on him on top of the fact that the Tigers can light him up and have him at a 4.4 ERA.

I don't think CC will play that bad because it'll determine his new contract and show whether or not he can still play. I was on the sidelines, but I'm laying some more on the Tigers to cover my parlay of Tigers and Under 7.

GL to all, the stats don't lie... Tigers are the clear choice, but it's a playoff game so anything can happen...

hanziman
    hanziman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1659

I don't think I've bet against Sabathia all season but if there ever was a time, tonight would be that time.

BettingWizard

First 123456 Last