bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jeff Weaver gone !!

Jeff Weaver was designated for assignment today, and replaced by his brother Jered.

that sure will be a fun gathering at christmas won't it

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

I'm sure someone messed up the paperwork on the first move.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Quote Originally Posted by tacomax
    I'm sure someone messed up the paperwork on the first move.
    I agree.

They should of never send down Jered. At least they made the right move this time.

Article
    Angels swap Weavers, call up Jered, designate Jeff

ESPN.com news services

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The Angels swapped one Weaver brother for another Friday, designating right-hander Jeff for assignment and replacing him with right-hander Jered from Triple-A Salt Lake.

Jeff Weaver was 3-10 with a 6.29 ERA in 16 games this season. Opponents were hitting .309 against him.

Jered Weaver was 6-1 with two complete game shutouts and a 1.99 ERA in 12 games over two stints in Salt Lake.

Jered originally had his contract purchased by the Angels May 26 and was optioned June 17. He is 4-0 with a 1.37 ERA in four starts for the struggling club. Opponents are hitting .170 against him.

According to the Orange County Register, the Angels are resigned to eating the remaining $4 million owed to Jeff Weaver on his $8.325 million 2006 contract. The club, which would have 10 days to trade him, had been shopping him for weeks.

"There are so many teams looking for pitching and so many teams in the race, somebody will take this guy," one veteran NL scout told the newspaper.

Jered Weaver is expected to pitch Monday or Tuesday in Seattle.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

That is one funky roster move, and you've got to wonder if it might affect the younger brother, at least to start with. The Angels have been trying to trade Weaver but found no takers without eating 99% of what they owe him. Someone will pick his butt up now that they can get him for the prorated minimum the rest of the year.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

This move should have been made a month ago. I wonder what team will pick up Jeff's sorry ass.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I don't think we'll see the same Jered we saw earlier in the year