SportGTI
    Update your status
    SportGTI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tigers/Yankees Continuing 1 - 1 Game; Thoughts

Hello All,

Been a very good day in football so far. Haven't forayed into baseball postseason yet as I haven't found anything I have liked. However, this game I love...if it doesn't rain.

I know the Yankees are the huge favorites, but Fister v Nova seems like a big mismatch. Both pitchers have not pitched in postseason play, but the way Fister has pitched down the stretch in a a playoff atmosphere, he has thrived. Nova has come on of late as well, but I still trust Fister a bit more and lean slight edge to Fister.

Offense is where I would think the Yankees have an advantage...but not so fast. The Tigers are hitting and I think top to bottom, their lineup is just as good. Speed/pop with Jackson followed by Miggy Cabrera and VMart...throw in Avila, Young and you have a group of hitters that can hold their own.

Bullpen advantage definitely goes to the Yankees, but I think Fister could go 7 to 8 strong innings tonight with a 4 to 5 run lead. I'm just not sold on Nova pitching well tonight.

Thought? Not sure if I'm going to play...may just sit on a solid Saturday and wait for NFL sunday.

BOL to all tonight and Sunday.

SportGTI
    Update your status
    SportGTI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Throw in that we're getting Detroit at +152..really is Nova worth -162 vs Fister??

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by SportGTI View Post
    is Nova worth -162 vs Fister??
    No, and I'm a NYY fan