hoop guru
    hoop guru's Avatar Become A Pro!

Red Sox and Braves

Both teams deserved to be out. IF you cant beat a last place team, you do not deserve to be in the post season. Red sox need to get rid the curse of adrian gonzalez. Padres choked a year earlier when they had a big lead on the giants. I wonder how the red sox owner(s) are feeling today. At least the redsox have a manager that has won the world series with them. The braves have a manager that is clueless and needs to be fired. Why send michael bourne with no outs and runners on first and second. That was one less run the braves did not score in that inning. Braves scored 2 runs on a homer but it should have been 3 and extra out lost. Gonzalez should have sent the runner in the 12th inning when freeman had a full count. It would have avoided a double play in the 12th inning. Base running blunders caused this game for the braves. BOth teams, if they had it made it to the playoffs, would lose in the first round.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Yes there is a striking coincidence with Adrian Gonzalez being apart of two great collapses, in consecutive years, with different teams. Nevertheless, neither was his doing. Last year was the Padres lack of quality hitting, and this year was the BoSox lack of quality pitching. I no way can this be traced back to Gonzalez, nor should it be. He played to the level of his contract, and is a MVP canidate. I saw him play with shitty teammates for year in San Diego, and thought the Red Sox trade was something he earned through years of service. Some guys just hae no luck

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Fredi Gonzalez is another story. We found out this year that he is an inadaqaute manager, that abuses bullpens, and is not knowledgable about situational baseball tactics. They need to make Chipper an intergral part of the Braves in some capacity next year. That team will have a leadership void upon Chipers retirement.