PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

He pulled an Ichiro. Wow, definitely could've caught it. Still a Ray at heart is right

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

he wants "out" of Boston...Madden too smart...he's past his prime, why the Rays got rid of him

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

word is he is tough on lefties when he drops down, bullpen next for him

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    This shit made me laugh.. lots of dumbfukks around here..
    Yeah. That was some stooooopid shit.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

CC worst free agent acquisition since, well, Jayson Werth, Adam Dunn, Alex Rios....

Sense a pattern here? Don't pay $20-plus million for OF's. They're a dime a dozen.

legendmatt34
    legendmatt34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Hes worthless.. Cant hit Cant field just looks lost out there..

815Sox
    815Sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Players are human beings, therefor they will make mistake and have limits. If he made the catch we would be talking about how great it was. He could have made it yes, but it was difficult.

He played it conservatively, he is playing nervously. I wonder why???? Alex Rios did the same stuff all year.

Quote Originally Posted by legendmatt34 View Post
    Hes worthless.. Cant hit Cant field just looks lost out there..
    Yes... yes he can. Players have bad years. Do you never make mistakes?

For the record, I had no money on any of those games and I am glad I didn't. I got to enjoy it for what it was, one of the greatest nights in the history of the MLB.

815Sox
    815Sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    CC worst free agent acquisition since, well, Jayson Werth, Adam Dunn, Alex Rios....
    One of these things is not like the others, but your point is looking very valid right now.

4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

With the game & season on the line, just one pathetic, weak effort, and this from a guy who previously was saying he was sorry for his poor performance. Don't give me your pie-in-the-sky worthless sorrys. Make sure you're out there early in practice, staying late, doing all you can to improve, and by ALL means when you're in the game (much less with a ticket to the Playoffs at stake), be on your toes, alert, and ready for anything that comes your way. Could've played this one ultra safe (by knowing the situation of the game), and just let the ball drop in front of him to keep the runner at 3rd, no doubt. Could've dove head first, laying it all out sacrificing his body for his team to grab the win, no doubt. Could've just easily made the catch, no doubt. Of all the decisions that could've been made, F'n Bonehead Craw pulls a Billy Buck [who though was paid much less than Craw, Old Scrapiron was playing severely injured, and who was a major contributor leading the team to being at the '86 Series, and thus most forgave him].

While I go the next 6 months having nightmares of the BoSox season officially ending on that dubious effort of making a critical play by Carl Crawford, I will pray to the baseball Gods that that man will be anywhere next season besides in a Boston uniform. Had a golden opportunity to redeem himself, by making a routine play (at least for a multi-million dollar paid professional player), and he let his teammates and all of RedSox nation down. Lord have mercy, what a despicable display of duty.

I can clearly see him catching that ball, and all his teammates swarming him with hugs and high 5's, and who knows how high that would've lifted the team as a whole. Who knows? The team was reeling, granted. Seemingly use to beat the O's by double digits with ease. Now Josh Beckett can't beat the O's? Big Papi, of all the games of all the season, at that time wants to try to stretch a single into a double? Guy never tries to do that, and he's out by a mile, as he's as slow as a 250 lb lard ass DH there is. To me, Ortiz had his bags packed for the offseason before the game started. When the team failed to score late in the game, instead of Ortiz trying to pick the team's emotion up, or doing nothing, he's bringing the team's emotion down with his sulking to himself on the bench. That's not the Papi who loves the game and his teammates that we've seen. That's a Papi, who next to Crawford, was most guilty of letting his team and RedSox Nation down to a mind-boggling reality. Never once ran hard on ALL those double plays he grounded into, and seemed like he didn't want to run at all.

So yea Beckett, Wakefield, Lester, P'bon, Ortiz all failed. Youk & 'Tek being injured failed. Too bad for Dustin P and Scutoo who played their asses off for the team and RedSox Nation to the end. But as for Carl Craw, his blatant failure is what put the final nail in their season's coffin.
    Last edited by 4seasons; 09-29-11 at 02:13 PM.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Rays must have gone to see moneyball on the weekend...

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

motherfukker!

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah he probably could have.... and Brady probably could have not thrown 4 INT's with a 21-0 lead..... what the hell is wrong with these teams from Boston???

First 12