I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Never would of happened if Yanks Did not throw in towel about 5 days

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

No one can give a an example of a better night, people are just mentioning moments. Last night was unreal.

I'm tired

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by forloveofthegame View Post
    no explanation or debate

... with so many mistakes and a lot decisive runes scored cause of walks and hits? ... and I thought I'm new to baseball ...

Spartan14745
    Spartan14745's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post

... with so many mistakes and a lot decisive runes scored cause of walks and hits? ... and I thought I'm new to baseball ...
    That's part of the excitement, did you want all 4 games to have no-hitters going on?? Get real, this is sports that are played by HUMANS, not robots that don't make mistakes. You probably don't even appreciate the fact that Dan Johnson with a .108 average hit the HR in the bottom of the ninth.

horja1
    Grrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan14745 View Post
    That's part of the excitement, did you want all 4 games to have no-hitters going on?? Get real, this is sports that are played by HUMANS, not robots that don't make mistakes. You probably don't even appreciate the fact that Dan Johnson with a .108 average hit the HR in the bottom of the ninth.
    Actually I would prefer a 3-4 runs game with some nice hits and saves than a 25 runs game with lots of mistakes ...

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

There have certainly been great meaningful single games....but to have that much action in short sequence is unbelieveable in such a methodical sport, three last inning decisions, all come from behind....good stuff.

forloveofthegame
    forloveofthegame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

The point your all missing is this never would of happened

Yanks gave the thing away the whole week

Do you really think they blow a 7-0 lead if they wanted to win??

NO
    thats irrelevant. they didnt have all their best pitchers because they pitched the game before! you act like yankees would have pitched rivera if the game was two weeks before. just cause some of thier top guys wasnt in the game doesnt mean they werent trying to win.

If you want proof look at the disgust in girardi face last night

forloveofthegame

Actually I would prefer a 3-4 runs game with some nice hits and saves than a 25 runs game with lots of mistakes ...
    thats not what he was getting at you fukkin idiot. two strikes bottom of the ninth season over in one pitch and he hits his second hr of the year.. to have come back down 7 and fall 1 run short would have been devastating.

joeythelip23
    joeythelip23's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm a Cubs fan and our baseball season has been over for months. Yesterday brought back some excitement and reminded me why I loved baseball in the first place.

horja1
    Grrrrrr

thats not what he was getting at you fukkin idiot. two strikes bottom of the ninth season over in one pitch and he hits his second hr of the year.. to have come back down 7 and fall 1 run short would have been devastating.
    hey, redneck, if you can't be a civilized person go find a cow and do your thing with it and come back later when you are relaxed, ok?

forloveofthegame

hey, redneck, if you can't be a civilized person go find a cow and do your thing with it and come back later, ok?

Vegas_bond
    Vegas_bond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10099

Yankees didnt want to win this game. No way they would help Boston.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

The point your all missing is this never would of happened Yanks gave the thing away the whole week Do you really think they blow a 7-0 lead if they wanted to win?? NO
    coach you are being a real negative nancy.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan14745 View Post
    Rivera Rivera Rivera...
    How can it be considered great when the the best closer in the history of baseball isn't out there?
    For TB to win & the phillies to win the opposing teams had to play poorly what's great about that?

horja1
    Grrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by freakydave View Post
    For TB to win & the phillies to win the opposing teams had to play poorly what's great about that?
    It seems some people consider that "the best night in baseball history"

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

the worst game in the history for Boston

forloveofthegame

Quote Originally Posted by freakydave View Post
    Rivera Rivera Rivera...
    he was unavailable due to pitching in previous game

freakydave

he was unavailable due to pitching in previous game
    He wasn't unavailable Yankees manager gave him & the next two best relievers they have the night off--if that's what you mean by unavailable-- it doesn't detract from my point.

beg154860
    beg154860's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1138

YO Fuccking crying about it Sox fans you people are such losers it's pathetic if your a fan of baseball then I don't see how you cant say last night wasn't spectacular so stop making up excuses about walks and errors and Girardi wanted to lose that game blah blah blah wahh wahh wahh God I don't get why people hate the Yankees so much not that I care but the red sox fan base while loyal is the biggest group of fuccking crybaby bitches I've ever seen in my life

beg154860

YOU CHOKED YOUR SEASON AWAY. YANKEES WEREN'T OBLIGATED TO DO JACK FUCCKING SHIT. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THIS. It's not difficult.

beg154860

The point your all missing is this never would of happened

Yanks gave the thing away the whole week

Do you really think they blow a 7-0 lead if they wanted to win??

NO

You are a tool.

freakydave

Quote Originally Posted by beg154860 View Post
    YO Fuccking crying about it Sox fans you people are such losers it's pathetic if your a fan of baseball then I don't see how you cant say last night wasn't spectacular so stop making up excuses about walks and errors and Girardi wanted to lose that game blah blah blah wahh wahh wahh God I don't get why people hate the Yankees so much not that I care but the red sox fan base while loyal is the biggest group of fuccking crybaby bitches I've ever seen in my life
    WHAT
    are you trying to say last night wasn't or was spectacular? 3 negatives make a positive?
    It was exciting baseball but best in the history of MLB ? It isn't even close.

horja1
    Grrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by beg154860 View Post
    hey YO, MAN and so on ... you're off topic ... how did you get to "why people hate the Yankees so much"? ...

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Not even close. Doesn't even make the top 10.

Keep in mind, you're talking about teams making the wild card, not winning a pennant, not winning a postseason game, not winning the World Series. What is lost in all this is that had Major League Baseball had its idiotic idea of adding another playoff team in effect, Wednesday night's games would have been ho-hum.

First 12