ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Redsox to win the wild card +110

Silly line redsox should definately be favored to advance to the playoffs over the rays.

5dimes hanging

Sox will win the wild card +110
    Rays will win the wild card -150

Pinnacle hanging -108/-108 both sides.
    Points Awarded:

iifold gave ApricotSinner32 299 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Ricki Roma
    Ricki Roma's Avatar Become A Pro!

Redsox arent going to do it. Clearly more talented but the rays are hungrier.

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

That + even shit has gone to your head and ruined it.....unless you are betting big big big dollars...your not going to win shit....you can start small and build it up...but it will take FOREVER

makaveli66
    makaveli66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Good eye. I agree +110 with two games left Boston in Baltimore and Tampa playing Yankees. That's an excellent bet. Way to much being put into who's hot and cold right now.

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by Richkas View Post
    That + even shit has gone to your head and ruined it.....unless you are betting big big big dollars...your not going to win shit....you can start small and build it up...but it will take FOREVER
    Give me your thoughts on the bet.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

I just dont see it, its not up to them, they have to win both games, which right now seems almost impossible, and the rays have to lose as well

every gambler on here has been betting boston thinking they 'have to win' and they've been losing their shirts

that might keep happening

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    I just dont see it, its not up to them, they have to win both games, which right now seems almost impossible, and the rays have to lose as well

every gambler on here has been betting boston thinking they 'have to win' and they've been losing their shirts

makaveli66

LOL. Orioles throwing Tommy Hunter again tonite?

makaveli66

Nevermind that.

Richkas

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Give me your thoughts on the bet.

I like the bet....Tampa cant hit enough

makaveli66

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post

This is makes no sense. Why would they have to win both games? Boston will probably win both games anyway, but they don't necessarily have to to make the playoffs...

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

who would host a tiebreaker? If it's tampa, then they should be favs here. Yankees will lay down.

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli66 View Post
    This is makes no sense. Why would they have to win both games? Boston will probably win both games anyway, but they don't necessarily have to to make the playoffs...
    which is why I said they have to win both games and rays have to lose at the same time

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

i won't say it's a horrible bet but i don't think it will win

as i posted in another thread....o's are playing their first meaningful games all season with young guys and it shows ....yanks don't give a fuk and everyone will rest...they don't even have a pitcher listed for tomorrow yet

Sox have bedard tonight and lester tomorrow on 3 days rest.....then its whatever the best of the pile of shlt they have left if it's a one game playoff....wakefield or lackey on 3 days or take a reach with buchholz

rays have hellickson, price and niemann all on normal rest

advantage rays

i hope you guys even looked at that

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

I think there will be a one game playoff on Thursday.

Richkas

Quote Originally Posted by Richkas View Post
    I like the bet....Tampa cant hit enough

I take this back....after further review I think Tampa wins tonight.....it all depends if Boston can keep pace

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

bos is -106 at pinny right now and rays -110. i like the rays.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Have to look at who the Yankees are putting out there to pitch also. They have AL home field advantage clinched, so they're not going to put Sabathia or Nova out there.

makaveli66

I think the Yankees win 1 and Red Sox win 2 so it doesn't even go to a playoff. I don't see this as advantage Rays because of who will be pitching on Thursday if it got to that. If it goes to Thursday though it will have ment that the Red Sox won two in a row for the first time since August. They will make it 3. I understand pitching is a concern for Thursday (if necessary) for the Red Sox but have a much better line up than Tampa and are the better team. Red Sox are good under pressure and win when they have too. I think Boston bats come alive tonite and that number 1 offense outways a little concern in the pitching department for these last couple of games.

makaveli66

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Have to look at who the Yankees are putting out there to pitch also. They have AL home field advantage clinched, so they're not going to put Sabathia or Nova out there.
    Yup. But games are still not going to be easy for the Rays. People seem to think they will be automatic.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

yanks will tank against rays...red sox wont make it.

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Red Sox are too tired.

jmush
    jmush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

apparently you have not been paying attention much this month... i have accepted sox fate already..so should you..also baltimore is going to do whatever they can to win these games

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Considering those lines, what the fuk is this

To win World Series
    Sox +850
    Rays +1800

error

also Sox not to win series is -1300

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pass

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Rays

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

what is going to happen if both teams win their last 2 games?
    What's the rule?

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Got this from wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_L...ing_procedures

Ties between two teams

[edit] Two-way tie for the division or wildcard

Main article: One-game playoff
    One game tie-breakers are played between teams tied for a division or wildcard on the day after the season was scheduled to end.
    Since the 2009 season, home advantage has been determined by comparing the teams involved in the tie by a set of performance criteria, with the first tiebreaker being head-to-head record. Accordingly, the first one-game playoff under the new rules, the AL Central playoff between the Minnesota Twins and Detroit Tigers, was hosted by the Twins, who won the scheduled season series 11–7. The Twins won that game and advanced to the Division Series, where they were swept by the ultimate World Series winners, the New York Yankees.
    Prior to 2009, home field advantage in the game was determined by a series of coin tosses that occurred a few weeks before the end of the season between teams that were close enough to each other in the standings where a tie becomes a significant possibility. If new situations occurred (i.e. a team quickly rises in the standings making another tie possible) more coin tosses occurred. Contrary to what some believe, home field advantage was not determined by head-to-head record in the regular season until 2009. For example, in 1995, the Seattle Mariners and California Angels played a one-game playoff to break a tie for the AL West championship. The Mariners hosted (and won) the one game playoff, but lost the season series 5 games to 7 games (excluding the one game playoff).

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

today boston is -156
    tampa is -192

tomorrow tampa has david price going against whatever bum the yankees decide to start

so i think boston +110 is a TERRIBLE BET, that number should be much higher given today's spread differential, and tomorrow's spread differential which will probably be in the same neighborhood

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

a smarter way to play a boston victory would be taking boston and nyy tonight for the same bet amount.
    then if boston/tampa are still tied you're ahead a little and if boston wins/tampa loses you're way up and already have the profit locked up.

then do the same thing tomorrow if you want, and in a one-game playoff if you want.

not sure why anyone would think with 2 days left and tied the team that is the shorter favorite in their games should be favored to make the playoffs.

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    today boston is -156
    tampa is -192

tomorrow tampa has david price going against whatever bum the yankees decide to start

so i think boston +110 is a TERRIBLE BET, that number should be much higher given today's spread differential, and tomorrow's spread differential which will probably be in the same neighborhood
    Little game David Price though? Apparently you didn't watch his last start against the Jays... dude couldn't throw the ball 55 feet, made 2 errors and blew the game.

The most likely scenario is a 1 game playoff, and anyone could win that, but this isn't worth playing either direction.

asdfghasdfgh
    asdfghasdfgh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

You're essentially betting against the 2 hottest teams in baseball (Rays and Orioles) and banking on the coldest team in baseball (Red Sox).

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    today boston is -156
    tampa is -192

Quote Originally Posted by priskilla22 View Post
    Little game David Price though? Apparently you didn't watch his last start against the Jays... dude couldn't throw the ball 55 feet, made 2 errors and blew the game.

The most likely scenario is a 1 game playoff, and anyone could win that, but this isn't worth playing either direction.

good stuff mike.

hey prisky bos is +134 now

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by priskilla22 View Post
    Little game David Price though? Apparently you didn't watch his last start against the Jays... dude couldn't throw the ball 55 feet, made 2 errors and blew the game. The most likely scenario is a 1 game playoff, and anyone could win that, but this isn't worth playing either direction.
    big game dave was the guy celebrating on the mound in the 2008 alds when the rays booted the sox

he'll be fine...especially when someone like david cone or david wells come out of retirement to pitch against him on the last day of the season

12 Last