The Expert
    The Expert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2905

Albert Pujols is greatest of All-Time. Period.

No doubt about that and anyone who's been saying he's not clutch, now let's see what's he's doing for his team at the end of the season. A lot have been also making a statement he's unmotivated and done in Cards. He's amazing, has got both power and the touch, he's great in the defense and is on pace for another one .300 BA, 30HR, 100RBI year.

Just hope Cards get into the play-offs (Braves won't do anything in postseason IMO) and he agree to extend the contract with them. Amazing player, not a douchebag and he definitely deserves a huge contract now (Alex Rodriguez-like) after playing for 'small-change money' so far he's been getting for his amazing game.

I'm rarely posting here but I dunno why there're haters of Albert, especially that he's not a scumbag.

Regards, had to make this statement.

Sweatyguido
    Sweatyguido's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 463

Myabe one day, but not yet. 2000 hits, 444 HR, 1326 RBI does not qualify for 'greatest of all time.' Heck, he'd even have a hard time getting in the hall of fame if his career ended tomorrow. You gotta put guys like Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Willie Mays, Hank Aaron and i see your a Cardinals fan, so i'll say even Stan Musial is above Pujols. But i'll give Pujols alot of credit. He's one of the greatest position players of this current generation. Right now, Alex Rodriguez gets the nod over Pujols. But Arod also has 4 years on Albert. I guess we will see how their careers end before we can decide who was greater.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

he's pretty good but i prefer jed lowrie.

VicVega91
    VicVega91's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not even close. He has a long way to go. Not saying he is not a great player, but to say he is the greatest is far from the truth at this moment in time

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by VicVega91 View Post
    Not even close. He has a long way to go. Not saying he is not a great player, but to say he is the greatest is far from the truth at this moment in time

Agree with you. Your avatar says it all. Albert never had to face the likes of Koufax, Drysdale, Gibson, Marichal, etc. The National League only had 10 teams then and pitching wasn't as watered down as it is today. Not to take away anything from what Albert has accomplished but its a different era.

The Expert

You guys are mostly right, however I don't think he's facing worse pitchers than Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Willie Mays or Hank Aaron. Right now scores are actually very low and it's called a pitchers-game at the moment, so he definitely doesn't have an easier job, plus it was easier for pure talents to rise like 50 years ago, when players wasn't beasts, lot of coaches, players training so hard with modern trends of training methods etc. Now everyone has got similar chances (if he's working hard), so it's pretty harder to be unique IMO. Just few cents, nice to see arguments here

Coming Back!
    Coming Back!'s Avatar Become A Pro!

He's from the DR. He juiced 100% and I would of too. It's over the counter there. Your telling me these poverty stricken kids don't juice up. Of course they do and rightfully so. Kids in this country juice to look good at the beach. And once you mess with steroids your body changes. I don't believe for one second that he never juiced. Not one! Also, how is he better than Babe Ruth? Ruth saved baseball, got drunk banged girls and had more home runs than teams. He invented the home run. And was a great pitcher. Come on man!

The Expert

Another rock solid performance today

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Mnatle, Mays and A-Rod may have something to say about your title. And that's just the tip of the ice berg....

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Your not a homer, are you?

The Expert

No, I'm european and I'm totally objective here.

arnoldrothstein
    arnoldrothstein's Avatar Become A Pro!

He couldn't be a pimple on bonds ass!!!!

wade1
    wade1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

You sound like the teenager who said titanic was the best movie of ALL time. Give me a break

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Quote Originally Posted by arnoldrothstein View Post
    He couldn't be a pimple on bonds ass!!!!

That's not a pimple...that's
    a roid needle mark....

Coming Back!
    Coming Back!'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wade1 View Post
    You sound like the teenager who said titanic was the best movie of ALL time. Give me a break
    Funny

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Barry Bonds was much better period! More Stolen bases, HRs, plus played OF, and intention walk king!
    Enough said!