ChiSox +168 over Verlander and the Tigs

Tigers going for 8 wins in a row
    Verlander going for 11th winning start in a row

Tigers 3 straight against the Sox

Streaks are snapped tonight!

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

why harlee? those are reasons not to bet this.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Sox can't beat the Tigers, forget it. Just because there's value in a line doesn't mean its a good bet. Look at the two teams. Tigers are good, White Sox aren't.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    Just because there's value in a line doesn't mean its a good bet.

chantrain

good luck is all I can say, Tigers are gonna wreck the Sox for the 5th straight time

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Konerko ?? and yet line drops. That ain't square $$.

WSox played decent enough last night, pitching got shelled. Team got smoked. Maybe bounce back time.

Detroit may have shot their load hitting the crap out of the ball yesterday. It was almost if they knew what pitches were coming. I have never seen them as an offensive juggernaut.

WSox can hit Verlander (24 starts).

Floyd (16 starts) may have the best stuff in all of baseball and has done well vs better Detroit bats in the past. He definitely has the best curve ball. He just don't have it upstairs.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

tigers win big in this one

another case where people overthink a great play and go against all logical thinking to take a terrible loss (see patriots game last night)

chantrain

maybe these people just don't follow the White Sox like I do. I've followed them all season...Sox have given up, they've got nothing to play for at this point. Ozzie is just throwing people out there at this point to see where he stands for next season. White Sox can't score more then 3 runs in a game, they could hardly get 4 last night against Porcello...and you think they're gonna score against Verlander? Its possible but highly improbable.

Meanwhile, the Tigers offense blows teams out of the water right now. They got no trouble at all putting up double digits.

Tigers Runline, Tigers ML and Over should be the only plays

rnunez91
    rnunez91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4981

How about u study a bit before making plays. Verlander AND detroit going for 11 wins in a row. Also its 4 straight against whitesox today being 5.

harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

You guys are making my case for me.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by harlee71 View Post
    You guys are making my case for me.

I love this forum

even if this game doesn't hit, there's always a constant here ...

Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Konerko ?? and yet line drops. That ain't square $$.

WSox played decent enough last night, pitching got shelled. Team got smoked. Maybe bounce back time.

Detroit may have shot their load hitting the crap out of the ball yesterday. It was almost if they knew what pitches were coming. I have never seen them as an offensive juggernaut.

WSox can hit Verlander (24 starts).

Floyd (16 starts) may have the best stuff in all of baseball and has done well vs better Detroit bats in the past. He definitely has the best curve ball. He just don't have it upstairs.
    well you havent really been paying much attention to the tigers then lately.
    they didnt just shoot their load last night- they've been nutting on every opponent they face for a couple weeks.

mlb season ranking:
    batting average- 3rd, slugging %- 4th OBP- 4th Runs- 4th

here is how many runs they've scored in their last 11 games in order:
    8, 8, 9, 18, 4, 10, 8, 8, 3, 2, 14

thats 8.36 runs per game. verlander should only need half that.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

tigers -178 for me. good luck. way better underdogs out there tonight like blue jays, orioles, and even the mariners that i'm gonna try.

chantrain

I love you guys, some of you pat yourselves on the backs so much for being "sharp", even if your sharp plays are actually terrible plays that lose.

Call me a square, I'm on the right side.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    well you havent really been paying much attention to the tigers then lately.
    they didnt just shoot their load last night- they've been nutting on every opponent they face for a couple weeks.

mlb season ranking:
    batting average- 3rd, slugging %- 4th OBP- 4th Runs- 4th

here is how many runs they've scored in their last 11 games in order:
    8, 8, 9, 18, 4, 10, 8, 8, 3, 2, 14

thats 8.36 runs per game.
    right

If Floyd is on, it'll be a game more like 2 months ago.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Verlander owned the sox early in his career, but has been beaten by them a few times in recent years

I/O

I love you guys, some of you pat yourselves on the backs so much for being "sharp", even if your sharp plays are actually terrible plays that lose.

Call me a square, I'm on the right side.
    no problem square

I've been doing fine in baseball for the last few weeks or so

chantrain

come on man, The tigers have already proven that they can destroy the Sox best pitchers. Buehrle went down, Danks went down, even Santos one of the most money closers in the entire league went down

Glitch

floyd is legit. i do like him as pitcher but he is no verlander.

and you dont have to go back 2 months to floyds last game vs the tigers.
    he pitched 10 days ago against brad penny (shitball extraordinaire) and lost (nd) 8-9

harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

Gavin Floyd has pitched as good or better than Verlander in their last 3 starts. Verlander has been hitable to say the least in those starts. If Floyd can last 6+ innings and the Sox get a few key hit's when they have runners on the +168 has a great chance to hit.

Tigs have been hot as can be and I posted that in my first post. I am not ignoring that. I just think they are beatable tonight if Floyd is on his game which I think he will be.

BOL!

Glitch

goodluck. im not playing either side (det. small for small betpoints)

this is a good series. the fans get pumped. if you guys look on espn conversation section tonight while this games going on- you'll see what i mean.

chantrain

Tigers have outscored the Sox in the last 4 games they played 49-15...

Sox just can't hit

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

best underdog is on sunday in NFL. bengals +185 vs. the totally shitty broncos. or play the +4.5 spread before it moves.

I/O

come on man, The tigers have already proven that they can destroy the Sox best pitchers. Buehrle went down, Danks went down, even Santos one of the most money closers in the entire league went down
    Beurhle pitches to contact and the WSox can't play D.

Danks was pitching better earlier in the year when they weren't hitting for him. Now he just plain sucks.

The season is long and rook pitchers like Santos get exposed as the year and their games played increases.

More importantly, it doesn't matter what other pitchers did in the past as far as tonight's game goes. It has nothing to do with tonight. Nothing.

chantrain

what about the hitting then I/O, 49-15 in last 4 games.

Good luck, because you'll need it if you're on the White Sox today. It's possible they win I just think it's really unlikely.

HCBoone
    HCBoone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5652

Sox will score against him but Justin has to good runsupport to lose right now.

I/O

what about the hitting then I/O, 49-15 in last 4 games.

Good luck, because you'll need it if you're on the White Sox today. It's possible they win I just think it's really unlikely.
    None of those games were against Floyd's curve. None of them were in the cool temps they'll see tonight. None of them were coming off a 14 run outburst. None of them were with Verlander on the mound. Their bats might just relax a bit.

If Floyd doesn't show the game will be over by the 5th.

This has nothing to do with being sharp. It's capping the line, the line movement, and TONIGHT'S game. You guys have such a closed mind, you see what you want. You look for the answers you want, you find them, then you are done.

BOL

I gots stuff to do.

chantrain

we'll see who was right my man, I have no problems with bragging....once I win, not before though.

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Detroit bats are hot regardless who is on the mound .. Verlander is just there to secure the RL

Glitch

we'll see who was right my man, I have no problems with bragging....once I win, not before though.
    no we wont. we'll see who wins.

if you said something that is correct, you are correct. my stats are correct, the guy who said floyd has a nasty curve ball is correct, whoever said streaks have to come to an end is correct, verlander is not losing much- correct.

this is not a competition. seahawks might when a game this year; who knows. that doesnt mean whoever bet on them had the best/most info. hear/exchange info- analyze it, cross reference it with line movement and make your decision.

what would you brag about? being on the winning side of a game?

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Every Verlander outing is the same thing, one or two guys start a thread picking against him. They want the e-cred that comes along with fading the best pitcher in the game. Detroit is the better team and Verlander is obviously the better pitcher. I just don't see any value in this line.

But alas, Verlander must lost at some point. And when he does there will be the few guys that faded him that week saying "I told you so." Gotta build that e-cred one thread at a time boys

chantrain

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    no we wont. we'll see who wins.

if you said something that is correct, you are correct. my stats are correct, the guy who said floyd has a nasty curve ball is correct, whoever said streaks have to come to an end is correct, verlander is not losing much- correct.

this is not a competition. seahawks might when a game this year; who knows. that doesnt mean whoever bet on them had the best/most info. hear/exchange info- analyze it, cross reference it with line movement and make your decision.

what would you brag about? being on the winning side of a game?
    Yes, if I win I think a little good-natured bragging is in order

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, if I win I think a little good-natured bragging is in order
    Is that what this site has become?????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????

chantrain

did you get enough question marks in there?

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

+160 at pinny now

1234 Last