bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

jason johnson gets traded to the red sox

i know that boston needs pitching help right now, but jason johnson is not the answer at all.

besides, he was designated for assignment, so they did happen to get something for nothing

the red sox basicly only gave up cash for him. so that should tell ya what his trade value was really worth.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

This trade is almost laughable. Boston better do better than Johnson if they wanna stay in the race.

bigboydan

it really wasn't a trade really. the tribe designated him for assignment (aka released him basicly)... the tribe got the best end of this deal by far.

as far as his skills go right now. well, maybe he just needs a fresh start on a new team to flurish once again.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

I dont really know what the Red Sox were thinking here. Maybe they think they can get this guy on track and start pitching decent.

Just looks to me that the Red Sox are desperate for pitching right now. The Yankees and Red Sox better get things together, because right now, the Blue Jays have the better pitching staff in the division.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    I dont really know what the Red Sox were thinking here.
    they were probly thinking. we can't go the rest of the season with syder,lester and wells when healthy.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    they were probly thinking. we can't go the rest of the season with syder,lester and wells when healthy.
    But with those names you mentioned, I think they could do just as good as a job as Jason Johnson.

Lester had a good outing tonight against the Nationals. He struck out 10 and only gave up 1 earned run in 6 innings pitched.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

He has a good groundball to flyball ratio; I think top 10 the last 3 years (currently 3rd this year). Aside from that, his pitching ability is equivilant to a AAA scrub right about now. Don't know how that will get better at Fenway, but who cares? I hate the Sox

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker

Lester had a good outing tonight against the Nationals. He struck out 10 and only gave up 1 earned run in 6 innings pitched.
    the nats are not the yankees though looker.

i'm not saying johnson is any better. all i'm saying is they can't go thru the season with those pitchers i named, and expect to compete for the ring.

moses millsap

Lester is one of the big time pitching prospects along with Verlander, Liriano, and Billingsley. I think he'll be fine.

Snyder and Wells are shit.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    the nats are not the yankees though looker.
    I never said they were, but the Nationals were a good team for him to get some work in. He looked good doing it.

I agree OWNED. Snyder and Wells are crap.

moses millsap

And Cole Hamels as well.