Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Anyone Playing the Braves Today?

The price is starting to drop on the Braves. Pinny open at +130 now at +126.

However, I played them two in a row thinking they would at least get a split with Hudson beating Worley. Bad decision.

Can we trust Beachy over Oswalt to steal one in Philly, or does Philly sweep the Braves in a defining moment of the season?

Isn't this a classic "gambler's dilmena" where we play mind games with ourselves and think, "if I play them they will lose and if I lay off they will win."

I hate it when things are not going well....

Fuk....

JuniorAnalyst
    JuniorAnalyst's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Maybe the over! both pitchers should allow 3-4runs depends on bullpens and which team rallys the hardest

also like the dodgers to carry momentum from there comeback last night

and the astross and happ to piss off all the auto faders. hes the worst pitcher i think this season for units lost but hes been in good form and winning as of late.
    What people tend to forget is these pitchers who are struggling are professional athletes for a reason when they get in form there is great value. If that bets to hard to swallow take the hou/pit under

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorAnalyst View Post
    Maybe the over! both pitchers should allow 3-4runs depends on bullpens and which team rallys the hardest

also like the dodgers to carry momentum from there comeback last night

and the astross and happ to piss off all the auto faders. hes the worst pitcher i think this season for units lost but hes been in good form and winning as of late.
    What people tend to forget is these pitchers who are struggling are professional athletes for a reason when they get in form there is great value. If that bets to hard to swallow take the hou/pit under
    I like the Astros today, but need to look into that one a little more. Good luck

Love The Action

Just locked in the Braves ML (+126) for 1x. Might add throughout the day depending on the line move. Good luck to anyone else on the Braves

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Why play this game at all?

gangeriver
    The Best Closer!
    gangeriver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

not a big play for me but I'll take.

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Just locked in the Braves ML (+126) for 1x. Might add throughout the day depending on the line move. Good luck to anyone else on the Braves
    Good luck LTA....I played the Braves pretty large game one and quickly realized that the Phillies are trying to wrap up any semblance of a divisional race once and for all right now. Again, I think the line is about right. Beachy has great stuff but no real out pitch so he throws many pitches and the Phillies are good at working counts IMO. Front of Braves bullpen (the ones that pitch when they're behind) is pretty beat right now.

I would say that if the Braves can get to Oswalt right off the top, say first trip through the order, it will be promising for them tonight. May be tough otherwise. But I've been off the last couple of days so maybe my thoughts have no merit. Good luck though, Braves are my team so I have motivation for both of us.

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

fukk no, cannot back up a bad team like the braves...i lost yesterday

KnowingNothing
    KnowingNothing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

I prefer unders. Beachy is a solid pitcher but more or less is the bigger problem with whether Atlanta will give him run support.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Quote Originally Posted by TR88 View Post
    fukk no, cannot back up a bad team like the braves...i lost yesterday
    not sure why you could back the braves yesterday +120 or less vs a pitcher that doesn't lose, ever (14 straight). i did not bet the game but why the braves is this spot? i am not bashing anyone, just trying to understand the the thinking here whereas it is exactly what you are looking for in a team to back, they were not -250

Jmp1029@gmail.co
    Jmp1029@gmail.co's Avatar Become A Pro!

Angels,braves,brewers,d'backs,pirates,re ds.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    not sure why you could back the braves yesterday +120 or less vs a pitcher that doesn't lose, ever (14 straight). i did not bet the game but why the braves is this spot? i am not bashing anyone, just trying to understand the the thinking here whereas it is exactly what you are looking for in a team to back, they were not -250
    I can see why you and dlunc question this play. Normally, this might not make my card. However, I think the Braves have the advantage in starting pitchers with Beachy and clear motivation to avoid the sweep. The Braves also have the superior bullpen. With that said, however, this play was made when I decided to chase the braves before the series because I thought they would at worst split the first two games. It is not my typical practice to chase teams in a series, but I thought highly of the braves coming into this series and if I don't play them today, I would not be true to my original plans. I do think the Braves are the right play, but part of my decision to play them goes back to my original idea of chasing them. It did not work out as planned so far, but I think the Braves step up today.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by BennyFang View Post
    Good luck LTA....I played the Braves pretty large game one and quickly realized that the Phillies are trying to wrap up any semblance of a divisional race once and for all right now. Again, I think the line is about right. Beachy has great stuff but no real out pitch so he throws many pitches and the Phillies are good at working counts IMO. Front of Braves bullpen (the ones that pitch when they're behind) is pretty beat right now.

I would say that if the Braves can get to Oswalt right off the top, say first trip through the order, it will be promising for them tonight. May be tough otherwise. But I've been off the last couple of days so maybe my thoughts have no merit. Good luck though, Braves are my team so I have motivation for both of us.
    Agreed...good luck!