Trivial
    Trivial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3472

Are live bets considered sucker bets?

I have different points of views on these? I've lost more than I won, so I am thinking of never doing them again. Thoughts?

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Depends on the line you get. If you get a good home favorite the goes down early and can get a better line that's not a sucker bet. Compare opening lines to live lines and take it when you get real good value.

Its sucker bet if you take the opposite.

jrrodriguez
    jrrodriguez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

they are regular bets but the line must be adjust accodingly if not then yea its sucker bet the guy above me said

I betted on the phils beating the braves by -1 1/2 when i made the bet they were already in the 5th phils were up 1 and its was a +135 so i thought it was worth it

Trivial
    Trivial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3472

Thanks guys. Good information.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

No....When I used to bet online I loved in-game bets. It was my favorite in basketball because of the runs that happen in the course of a game......For example, say you had an underdog at +250....All you need really is one big run in the middle of the game by the dog, and you can probably get the favorite at +200. It also would work really well for point spreads as well.

I imagine football is alright for it too and possibly baseball.......Basically the most useful thing you can do in live betting is find a way to make money either way if the team you picked is winning at some point where they give you the odds on the other side

The one thing I miss the most since I switched to betting with my local

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    No....When I used to bet online I loved in-game bets. It was my favorite in basketball because of the runs that happen in the course of a game......For example, say you had an underdog at +250....All you need really is one big run in the middle of the game by the dog, and you can probably get the favorite at +200. It also would work really well for point spreads as well. I imagine football is alright for it too and possibly baseball.......Basically the most useful thing you can do in live betting is find a way to make money either way if the team you picked is winning at some point where they give you the odds on the other side The one thing I miss the most since I switched to betting with my local
    This is all definitely all true. IMO Live betting was the best invention ever. Just the other day i hit the over on the miami college game and hit the under live for a 20 point middle and won both. You need to pick your spots just like regular betting but i think you can find alot more value live betting. As cockblocker said make sure you compare the lines with the opening lines for better value.Dont just bet an over after they had a 5 run inning because the line will be really inflated and then if the baseball team goes scoreless for 2 innings after that 5 run inning the # will come back down to earth. Nba is great for live betting i have bet the dog at +15 and the favorite at +15 in the same game before and hit both bets, also have bet both teams at +300 in Mlb when the teams go back and forth scoring and taking/losing the lead. Sometimes i wont bet an MLB game until the second inning where i can get 1-2 points less than the original # and there is alot more value in doing so.

Rixsaw
    Rixsaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

it depends on if you won or lost.

incomeraise
    incomeraise's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

Which website do u use for live bets

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Are you crazy? Live bets are amazing betting opportunities..specially basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by incomeraise View Post
    Which website do u use for live bets
    Betfair is best.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

in game live betting takes a different train of thought and experience at it is a great help

best thing to do (if you have the time for this type thing) is REALLY follow line moves from the open to close (for foots)

it's not for everyone as you may be better at game plays and horrible at in game betting

lolguy999
    C++ programming sucks..
    lolguy999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

i like to fade my instincts on live bets