tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Papelbon should win the Cy Young award this year

That is all. End of message.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i just couldn't give the cy young to a reliever taco.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4543

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    i just couldn't give the cy young to a reliever taco.
    Good thing you dont control the voting.

Papelbon is as good as a choice as anyone in the AL at this point. He has been dominate ever since he got his chance.

tacomax

If Papelbon ends the season with similar figures to which he has now then you'd have to argue hard against him being the best pitcher in the league (assuming there are no starting pitchers with ERAs around 2 and a sackful of wins). I don't think there's a pitcher out there more dominant than he is at the moment.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tacomax
    If Papelbon ends the season with similar figures to which he has now then you'd have to argue hard against him being the best pitcher in the league (assuming there are no starting pitchers with ERAs around 2 and a sackful of wins). I don't think there's a pitcher out there more dominant than he is at the moment.
    If he does end the season with similar figures I would have no trouble arguing his case for Cy Young.

tacomax

Well he gives up a homer tonight, doubles his ERA and blows the save (although the game was essentially blown by the Red Sox bullpen). But hey, when you've got Ortiz to step up and (yet again) drive in the winning run then I'm sure they couldn't care less.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

figures taco... i had philly today, so needless to say i sure did care

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tacomax
    Well he gives up a homer tonight, doubles his ERA and blows the save (although the game was essentially blown by the Red Sox bullpen). But hey, when you've got Ortiz to step up and (yet again) drive in the winning run then I'm sure they couldn't care less.
    All great closers mess up every now and then. As of now he still gets my vote for Cy Young.

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

bj ryans numbers are pretty much on par after today....both having amazing seasons

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by scottyy11
    bj ryans numbers are pretty much on par after today....both having amazing seasons
    I was just going to say that when I saw this thread updated. Papelbon's great, but he gets so much more hype than BJ Ryan because he plays in Boston.

I can't see any teams touching Santana and Liriano much for the rest of the year. I think Santana probably wins it, but his young teammate is nearing his level quickly.