onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Los Angeles Angels - Bartolo Colon activated

With Bartolo Colon coming off the DL, it has really shook up the Halos rotation. They choose to send down red hot rookie Jered Weaver to make room for Colon. Im not to sure that was a smart move by the Angels.

The Angels activated reigning Cy Young Award winner Bartolo Colon from the 15-day disabled list following Friday night's 5-4 loss to the San Diego Padres.

Colon, who will pitch Sunday against the Padres after three rehab outings, is 0-2 in three starts for the Angels with a 7.07 ERA. He's pitched only 14 innings this season due to inflammation in his shoulder after winning a career-high 21 games last year.

"Right now we have some things to settle in our rotation," Scioscia said. "Bart's coming back with a little bit of uncertainty, and we wanted to make sure we're where we need to be."

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

they sent the wrong weaver down. what they need to do is designate jeff for assignment.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    they sent the wrong weaver down. what they need to do is designate jeff for assignment.
    Exactly my point in the other thread about Jered being sent down to Triple A.

Or just put Jeff in the Pen like Ive been hearing. I was surprised to see Jered sent down.

bigboydan

how in the world can you send him back down to the minors, after those quality starts he's had this year is beyond me.

money or no money issues. you just can't make a dumb move like this.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I dont know Dan. I just hope this dont ruin the kid. Its like he gets it in the azz for doing so good, and not rewarded like he should be.

Thats all we need, is two Weavers stinking up the league.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Thats all we need, is two Weavers stinking up the league.
    If he's like Jeff, he will pitch well his first couple years and fall to shit.

bigboydan

jerard has much better stuff than jeff ever had IMO

Illusion

Jeff was nasty when he first came up, so we will see in a few years who is better.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Smart move retards.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

After tonight's performance, I think Tubby Colon is more use to the Angels on the DL.

sergfro
    sergfro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Angels sent down Jered because they are using Santana or Jeff Weaver to trade. Sending Jeff down to the bullpen will make him lose more trade value (if he even has any) so look for a trade to happen soon or Colon being sent back to DL

Illusion

Colon didn't look all that bad today. Park was just better.